Founded in Italy in 2007, Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace. At Eataly, you can Eat a meal at restaurants or quick-service counters, Shop for the ingredients, and Learnthrough classes and tastings. Eat Better, Live Better! Eataly is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our seafood counter features a wide selection of sustainably sourced, freshly caught fish and seafood – sea bass, cod, swordfish, halibut, scallops, salmon, branzino, mussels, crab, squid, oysters, clams, shrimp and more!
A Fishmonger attends to the fish preparation needs of guests: selection, advice, cutting, cleaning, weighing and packaging. Reports to the Fish/Meat Counter Manager.
- Assists guests with fish selection, and shares knowledge of preparation and cooking techniques
- Cuts and cleans fish and shellfish, and cooks for salads
- Weighs, packages and labels fish
- Displays and stores food in the appropriate temperature conditions as per Department of Health standards
- Stocks counter neatly, accurately and in a timely manner as per pricing menu, and promptly informs management when fish quantities or supplies are low
- Cleans work station thoroughly
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- 1+ year of experience working with fresh fish
- Good knife skills
- Customer service and/or sales experience in a retail environment preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Availability to work a flexible schedule including weekends
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours, including standing, walking, bending and squatting
- Ability to work with knives, hand tools, utensils and equipment to cut fish
- Food Handler’s License
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off, 401K with company match, Commuter Benefits and Plum Benefits
- Free staff lunch daily and discounts at Eataly
- Fun staff classes on products and Italian cuisine
Part of Eataly North America
Eataly is the largest artisanal Italian food and wine marketplace in the world! With various restaurants, our market sells the same quality products used by our chefs: cured meats, cheeses, fruits and vegetables, meat and fish, handmade pasta, pastries, coffee and tea, as well as dried pastas, sauces and olive oil. A cooking school, bookstore, housewares and beauty section makes it even easier to bring Italy home!
As a leader in the food and beverage industries, Eataly offers great benefits, staff discounts and tremendous growth opportunities. We are an energetic and innovative start-up that is rapidly expanding and we are looking for new talent to grow with us!
Eataly offers exciting opportunities that will challenge your abilities, expand your skills and reward your contributions in an atmosphere that encourages both personal and professional growth for all.
Additionally, Eataly offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization.