Founded in Italy in 2007, Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace. At Eataly, you can Eat a meal at restaurants or quick-service counters, Shop for the ingredients, and Learn through classes and tastings. Eat Better, Live Better! Eataly is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A Butcher attends to the meat preparation needs of Eataly guests. Reports to the Fresh Market Manager.
- Cleans, cuts, weighs, packages and labels meat in accordance with Eataly’s high-quality standards
- Provides outstanding customer service: assists guests in selecting products and shares knowledge of preparation and cooking techniques
- Stocks counter neatly, accurately and in a timely manner as per pricing menu
- Maintains a clean, organized and sanitary station according to Department of Health standards
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- 1+ year of experience working with meat, preferably in a high-volume retail environment
- Ability to accurately follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers, management and guests
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Availability to work onsite with a flexible schedule sometimes including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Physically able to exert up to 60 pounds of force occasionally and up to 30 pounds of force frequently
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours, including standing, walking, bending and squatting
- Ability to work with knives, hand tools and utensils
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off, 401K with company match, Commuter Benefits and Plum Benefits
- Free staff lunch daily and discounts at Eataly
- Fun staff classes on products and Italian cuisine
Bonus, Vacation, PTO, 401K, Family Meal
Part of Eataly North America
Eataly is the largest artisanal Italian food and wine marketplace in the world! With various restaurants, our market sells the same quality products used by our chefs: cured meats, cheeses, fruits and vegetables, meat and fish, handmade pasta, pastries, coffee and tea, as well as dried pastas, sauces and olive oil. A cooking school, bookstore, housewares and beauty section makes it even easier to bring Italy home!
As a leader in the food and beverage industries, Eataly offers great benefits, staff discounts and tremendous growth opportunities. We are an energetic and innovative start-up that is rapidly expanding and we are looking for new talent to grow with us!
Eataly offers exciting opportunities that will challenge your abilities, expand your skills and reward your contributions in an atmosphere that encourages both personal and professional growth for all.
Additionally, Eataly offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization.