• Must have 2 years + experience in a fast paced NYC restaurant as a Host
• Experience working with OpenTable & SevenRooms is preferred
• Must be able to lift & carry at least 50 pounds
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time
• Must be comfortable with repetitive motions (such as walking, bending & standing)
• Must be knowledgeable of Industry critics & awards
• Must have full schedule availability
• Must be able to take constructive criticism and work well in a team dynamic
• Be warm, knowledgeable and noticeably appreciative
• Accommodate guests by making each individual feel welcome
• Act professionally and always maintain composure
• Identify and report problems to management immediately
• Be aware of service flow, dining timing, and adjust for each guest’s individual needs
• Implement and follow steps of service
• Know about and defend our product brands
• Know and be able to identify bar, cocktail table, dining room table and seat numbers
• Know how to carry a tray properly with glassware
• Know how to present wine and cocktail list and solicit water preferences
• Know how to and be able to answer incoming calls to the restaurant and provide appropriate service
• Be able to manage the flow of the guests into the dining room and bar areas- transferring pertinent information to the proper parties
• Understand the proper standards of clearing/resetting a table and participate when necessary
Medical, dental & vision insurances are available after 60 days of employment.
Other jobs you might be interested in
New American, European
Upscale Casual, Fine Dining
1 Employee RecommendationSee Details
Part of J2K
In the heart of Manhattan’s Financial District is a beautiful art-deco building at 70 Pine Street. James Kent, from the Nomad and Eleven Madison Park, and partner Jeff Katz, of Del Posto, have teamed up to bring a beautiful 7,000 square foot restaurant to the ground floor of this stunning, landmarked building. Boasting 120 seats, two private dining rooms, and a 16 seat bar, the restaurant will have a state-of-the-art open kitchen that includes a Heston Suite as well as a commissary kitchen to support scheduled expansion to two other concepts in the building opening in 2019. The team includes more than 10 veterans of the industry, all of whom have worked directly with James or Jeff over the past 15 years.
Our menu approach isn’t based around a geographical region or a particular style of cooking, but rather the endless creative pursuit of delicious flavors, beautiful composition, and generosity. We will always strive for gracious, warm, and appreciative service, where attention to detail and anticipating guest's needs are priority number one. At the same time, we’re also here to enjoy ourselves and our work, and hopefully you are too. To us that means we'll likely be rocking Nike kicks while servicing food and throw-back hip-hop bumps in the background.
At the end of the day, we are committed to creating and cultivating restaurants where E V E R Y O N E is eager to return.
General Manager + Partner