STARR RESTAURANTS is seeking hospitality professionals to join Chef Robert Aikens in the stunning Renaissance Revival building that will serve as the North American headquarters of Fotografiska, the Stockholm-born gathering place for lovers of contemporary photography. Opening THIS FALL alongside Fotografiska, STARR will be operating a café, full-service restaurant, lounge and event space.
Great food and a beautiful restaurant are not enough to keep people coming back. We are currently seeking Butchers who possess a genuine passion for food and beverage, grace, and, above all, a focus on providing an unparalleled guest experience are what will keep our restaurant successful.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience butchering in a restaurant rated 2-4 stars NYT
- Strong knife skills are a must
- Able to take constructive criticism, learn quickly, and constantly improve
- Basic math skills as it pertains to portioning and waste management
- Ability to work cleanly and efficiently with attention to detail while following FIFO and DOH standards
- Punctuality is key!
- A strong sense of urgency and strong communication skills
- Team work ethics
Highly competitive hourly pay, tremendous career growth opportunities, and after 90 days of employment - NY Transitchek, Health, Vision and Dental Insurance as well as employee dining discounts at 30+ Starr Restaurants in multiple cities.
Food Handlers Certificate
Ordering / Receiving
Ability To Lift 40+ Lbs
Purchasing / ordering