STARR RESTAURANTS is seeking hospitality professionals to join Chef Robert Aikens in the stunning Renaissance Revival building that will serve as the North American headquarters of Fotografiska, the Stockholm-born gathering place for lovers of contemporary photography. Opening THIS FALL alongside Fotografiska, STARR will be operating a café, full-service restaurant, lounge and event space.
Great food and a beautiful restaurant are not enough to keep people coming back. We are currently seeking Pastry Cooks/Overnight Pastry who possess a genuine passion for food and beverage, grace, and, above all, a focus on providing an unparalleled guest experience are what will keep our restaurant successful.
Pastry Cook Requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years of culinary experience in NYT 2 to 4-star rated restaurants
- Culinary school/university education is preferred
- Able to take constructive criticism, learn quickly, and constantly improve
- Ability to manage a station from prep to service
- Ability to work cleanly and efficiently with attention to detail
- Punctuality is key!
- A strong sense of urgency and strong communication skills
- Team-work ethics
- Thorough knowledge and appreciation of seasonal cuisine is a must
- Full time is a must; with weekends availability.
Highly competitive hourly pay, tremendous career growth opportunities, and after 90 days of employment - NY Transitchek, Health, Vision and Dental Insurance as well as employee dining discounts at 30+ Starr Restaurants in multiple cities.