STARR RESTAURANTS is seeking hospitality professionals to join Chef Robert Aikens in the stunning Renaissance Revival building that will serve as the North American headquarters of Fotografiska, the Stockholm-born gathering place for lovers of contemporary photography. Opening THIS FALL alongside Fotografiska, STARR will be operating a café, full-service restaurant, lounge and event space.
The menu will draw inspiration from northern France, Austria and Eastern Europe in an eco-conscious manner that prioritizes seasonality and sustainability; inspired by the grand cafes that populated London, Paris and Vienna before the turn of the 20th century.
Great food and a beautiful restaurant are not enough to keep people coming back. We are currently seeking Sommeliers who possess a genuine passion for food and beverage, grace, and, above all, a focus on providing an unparalleled guest experience are what will keep our restaurant successful.
- Strong knowledge and appreciation for food and the culture of dining
- Experience in cataloguing, organizing, and binning wine, inventory
- Warm, personable, a calm disposition
- Ability to multi-task; including but not limited to BTG pours, wine bottle inquiries, decanting, serving and clearing tables, and assisting in all areas of service
- Able to improvise and make impromptu decisions in accordance with the cycle of service and the restaurant’s standards
- Strong leadership skills, communicate clearly and respectfully
- Properly represent the restaurant’s vision and philosophy
- Open Availability
- 2-5 years’ experience in Metropolitan restaurants in a similar position
- Strong beverage knowledge including(Understanding of wine styles, grape varietals and regions; spirits and classic cocktails; and beer styles)
- Background, education, or passion for art, art history and photography
- International hospitality experience
- Wine certification such as WSET, CMS, or SWE is highly desirable.
- Supporter of sustainability and green practices
STARR Restaurants provides: Highly competitive hourly pay, tremendous career growth opportunities, and after 90 days of employment - NY Transitchek, Health, Vision and Dental Insurance as well as employee dining discounts at 30+ Starr Restaurants in multi
Ability To Lift 40+ Lbs
Basic Floor Service
Classic Wine Service Expertise
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Craft Cocktail knowledge