Food & Beverage Director
About Graduate Nashville
Graduate Hotels is a hotel collection targeting university-anchored markets across the country that celebrates each town's unique local culture and history. Right in the heart of Midtown, Graduate Nashville features playful, luxe guest rooms that celebrate the town’s innate charm. Guests can channel their inner Opry star at the karaoke bar or take in the Nashville skyline from the rooftop restaurant. The hotel is just a short stroll from Vanderbilt University and its stadium.
About Meal Plan
Meal Plan is an independent hospitality company that operates all of the food and beverage outlets at the Graduate Seattle, which includes The Mountaineering Club and Poindexter Coffee, and a basement restaurant due to open later this year.
The Graduate Nashville is the second property where they will partner with Graduate Hotels to operate all food and beverage offerings.
In Los Angeles, they are known for their award-winning cocktail and gaming bar, The Spare Room at the Hollywood Roosevelt, Los Angeles icon Genghis Cohen on Fairfax, and all-day cafe concept, Winsome.
This essential leadership role oversees all administrative and operations of the bar and restaurant spaces on this property. Working in conjunction with hotel management on-site and reporting to Meal Plan ownership, the Food & Beverage Director sets the tone for the atmosphere of all outlets, and culture of the staff. At Meal Plan, we’re about warmth, generosity, and good humor, and this role is instrumental in upholding and furthering this standard.
Requirements & Strongly Prefered Skills
8-10 Years of F&B Managerial Experience; Hotel & Hospitality Experience; Purchasing Experience; Financial Forecasting Experience; Fluid in POS Systems; Staffing Experience; Operations Experience; F&B Account Management Experience; HR Experience; Tech Savvy
- Oversees all F&B outlet managers, outlet and banquets chefs, & banquets managers/captains
- Approves and submits daily and bi-weekly payroll
- Upholds service standards—from materials, repairs and equipemnt readiness to sanitation, ticket times, food quality, customer-facing review sites and overall customer satisfaction
- Liases with Graduate design team with respect to outlet design aesthetics
- Establishes and monitors revenue goals for each outlet
- Contributes to weekly profit and loss reviews, quarterly forecasting and budgets
- Analyzes and manages staffing and costs
- Creates reporting procedures to ensure correct taxation and accuracy of all other charges (including service, surcharges, etc,.)
- Reccomends furntiture, fixture and equipment reviews and capital expenditures
- Monitors food and beverage costs
- Produces a comprehensive employee handbook, including labor guidelines, employee protections, company poliices, mission statement and company background
- Establishes hiring procedures, from job descriptions and compensation packages to evaluations and employee file components
- Trains and develop staff
- Plans and coordinates staff holiday parties and outtings
Food & Beverage Account Management
- Maintains constant knowledge of house accounts and arrivals
- Establishes and maintains vendor relationships to leverage purchasing power in order to secure the lowest pricing possible
- Oversees monthly inventories of food and beverages
- Creates protocol for in-house product transfers, in addition to maintaining standing accurate balance sheets
Programming & Event Management
- Determines appropriate programming for all outlets
- Oversees event sales managers and event coordinators, from targeting new clients to BEO production, pricing, production and execution
- Encorporates local culture by identifying programming opportunities, such as pop-ups, collaborations and festivals
Hotel Group, Full Service Hotel
Surround yourself in history and legend at our funky, floral jewel box. Right in the heart of Midtown, Graduate Nashville features playful, luxe guest rooms that celebrate the town’s innate charm. Channel your inner Opry star at our karaoke bar or take in the Nashville skyline from our rooftop restaurant. The hotel is just a short stroll from Vanderbilt University and its stadium.
Graduate Hotels is a hotel collection targeting university-anchored markets across the country that celebrates each town's unique local culture and history.