COTOGNA, is looking for a skilled, career- minded individual in search of a chef de partie position. Located in San Francisco’s historic Jackson Square neighborhood, Cotogna is a casual, lively venue that celebrates rustic Italian cuisine and offers a daily changing menu featuring rustic, regional Italian pastas, pizzas, and hearty roasted meats created with seasonal produce from the restaurant’s own Farm in West Marin County.
A chef de partie is responsible for daily mise-en-place, managing and executing a station during service, light prep and practicing proper food storage and handling skills.
Cotogna is a Values-Driven operation that is committed to creating rewarding experiences for our employees with growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll enjoy the following benefits:
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance coverage
- Retirement savings with 401 K matching employer contributions
- Commuter tax deferred benefits
- Employee discount at our QPA family of restaurants
- Complimentary participation in our community sponsored agriculture (CSA) program with Fresh Run Farm
- Relais & Chateaux discount at participating hotels and restaurants
- Sponsorship of continuing education classes and professional training opportunities in food and beverage
- Paid family meals provided
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ownership of a station and its mise en place both through production and communication. Exposure and training on all the stations within the kitchen over time.
- Maintaining a clean, organized and sanitary work environment at all times
- In addition to technical skill, the ideal candidate must have strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability and drive to learn and contribute.
- Participating in the ongoing development of our cuisine by exploring and sharing ideas and techniques that will improve our work.
Experience in a full-service restaurant is required.
Interested applicants please submit your resume to [email protected]
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Health insurance including dental and vision, 401K, employee dining benefits
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Chef Michael Tusk
Cotogna is a celebration of rustic Italian cuisine and offers a daily-changing menu of spit-roasted or grilled meats and fish, wood-oven pizzas and house-made pastas.
Located in San Francisco's historic Jackson Square, Cotogna ('quince' in Italian) is a casual, lively venue and a compliment to the adjoining Quince Restaurant, Chef Michael Tusk’s celebrated fine dining establishment.