COTOGNA, is looking for a skilled, career- minded individual in search of a Sous Chef position. Located in San Francisco’s historic Jackson Square neighborhood, Cotogna is a casual, lively venue that celebrates rustic Italian cuisine and offers a daily changing menu featuring rustic, regional Italian pastas, pizzas, and hearty roasted meats created with seasonal produce from the restaurant’s own Farm in West Marin County.
A Sous Chef supports the Chef de Cuisine, Executive Chef and the entire team by organizing, directing, and executing activities in all aspects of the kitchen and back of house.
Cotogna, is a Values-Driven operation that is committed to creating rewarding experiences for our employees with growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll enjoy the following benefits:
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance coverage
- Retirement savings offering 401 K matching employer contributions
- Commuter tax deferred benefits
- Employee discount at our QPA family of restaurants – Quince, Cotogna, Verjus
- Complimentary participation in our community sponsored agriculture (CSA) program with Fresh Run Farm
- Relais & Chateaux discount at participating hotels and restaurants
- Sponsorship of continuing education classes and professional training opportunities in food and beverage
- Paid family meals provided
Key Responsibilities include:
Managing and assisting in preparing daily mis-en-place for all stations and expediting service.
Assist in inventory management and product ordering.
Assist in training, supervising and progressive coaching and counseling in coordination with CDC of all Company policies and applicable HR/labor compliance requirements, such as meal breaks and rest periods. Provide and demonstrate mentorship to foster professional development for all hourly employees.
As part of the management team work collaboratively to achieve company objectives in food quality standards, appearance, sanitation and cleanliness of the facility, through employee training and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Minimum 3 culinary experience working in a chef driven restaurant.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent level of education
- Culinary Certification preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to read, speak and interpret documents in clear English.
- Must possess basic computer skills (Word, Email, Excel)
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule. (including mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays)
Experience with seasonally changing, regional Italian cuisne and/or wood fired cooking
Prior management experience or a proven track record as a strong lead line cook and a desire to increase their commitment and responsibilities will be considered
Compensation commensurate with experience. The position has growth potential and the ability to explore a number of career opportunities.
Interested applicants please submit your resume to [email protected]
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Full Medical Benefits, Employee Discounts, Family Meals
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Chef Michael Tusk
Cotogna is a celebration of rustic Italian cuisine and offers a daily-changing menu of spit-roasted or grilled meats and fish, wood-oven pizzas and house-made pastas.
Located in San Francisco's historic Jackson Square, Cotogna ('quince' in Italian) is a casual, lively venue and a compliment to the adjoining Quince Restaurant, Chef Michael Tusk’s celebrated fine dining establishment.