Upland, the second outpost of the wildly popular NYC restaurant, brings James Beard nominated Chef Smillie's signature California inspired cuisine to the chic South of Fifth neighborhood in a stunningly designed space.
The successful candidate will have:
- 2+ years of Sous Chef experience in a reputable restaurant
- Prior experience training and mentoring an hourly line cook team
- Experience making handmade pastas/artisanal pizzas - highly desired
- Excellent meat/fish butchery skills and know all properties of making stocks & sauces
- A great work ethic and commitment to uncompromising quality
- A passion for high-quality ingredients and dynamic cooking technique
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to lead-by-example
- A desire to learn and grow with an expanding, industry leading organization!
Very competitive compensation package, full benefits, 2 weeks paid vac. 5 sick days, 401k, 40% off all dining at several of our restaurants and much much more!
Culinary Menu / Recipe Development
Food Safety Knowledge
Ordering / Purchasing
Other jobs you might be interested in
1 Employee Recommendation
Part of STARR Restaurants
Upland, by celebrated chef Justin Smillie and renowned restaurateur Stephen Starr, is now open in Miami Beach! The second outpost of the popular NYC restaurant brings Smillie’s signature California inspired cuisine to the chic South of Fifth neighborhood in a charming setting designed by Roman and Williams.
Affectionately named for Smillie’s hometown in Southern California, Upland has received critical acclaim since its 2014 opening for Smillie’s culinary prowess and universal appeal. Fans of the restaurant include Pete Wells of the New York Times who urged readers to visit and described Smillie as a “pasta savant” and “vegetable sage.” Upland is Starr’s fifth active project in South Florida following the successes of Steak 954, Makoto, The Continental and Le Zoo.