Link Restaurant Group was founded in January 2009 by James Beard Award winning executive Chef Donald Link with the goal to support the continuous growth of his family of restaurants in New Orleans. Chef Link, his partners and staff are passionate about southern food. Working with local purveyors and farmers, the Link team is committed to utilizing quality, local ingredients and traditional cooking techniques. We are enthusiastic about wine and focus on simple, attentive service. An honest and solid foundation of all members of the Link Restaurant Group.
Calcasieu Catering Coordinator
The Catering Coordinator will effectively serve as first point of contact for catering sales. The Catering Coordinator will work with clients in the sales process from the first call throught the entire event life cycle, including first call/email, follow up calls/emails, coordinating menus and upselling, sending proposals and contracts, site visits, menu tastings, rentals, and decor. The Catering Coordinator assists with the day to day operations including answering telephones, effectively communicating with customers and staff, and data entry. The position will perform other tasks relating to catering sales as outlined below.
We offer competitive wages, career progression and professional development, health insurance and a 401k with a company match
• Communicates by phone and email with current and prospective clients to coordinate their events and plan menus.
• Follows Calcasieu event sales standard operating procedures.
• Respond to leads generated by the Convention and Business Bureau, The Knot, New Orleans event websites, our Calcasieu website and other lead generating sites.
• Schedules and executes site tours and tastings with clients.
• Creates menu proposals and contracts.
• Send clients menu date reminders, final guest count reminders, deposit and final bill receipts.
• Follows up with client inquiries and holds.
• Prints and send outs weekly banquet event orders to the team.
• Updates menus and communicates changes to the team.
• Participates in weekly event review with team. (BEO Meeting)
• Performs other tasks as directed.
• Able to communicate clearly and effectively in person, by phone and email.
• Skilled in Microsoft Office Word, Publisher, Excel, Goggle Email & Docs.
• Must be able to learn and use Gather Catering Software.
• Presents self in a highly professional manner.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
• Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, managers, customers, and client representatives.
• Good attention to detail.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to work well alone and in a team.
• The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Link Restaurant Group reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of LRG or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
LRG is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.
Sales Incentive Plan
Reservation System Management