Crown Shy's Private Events Department is seeking to fill positions as an Event Server Assistant. Crown Shy has 2 private dining spaces, the Pearl Room and the Cedar Room. They can be booked as separate rooms or as a large event space. The cool demeanour and sleek architecture of the Crown Shy restaurant space seemlessly flows into the event spaces, featuring minimalist decor and a playlist that will make your head nod.
This is a wonderful opportunity for career minded restaurant people who really care about the service they provide and the culture of their workplace. Below is a decsription of the position. If you feel like it is the right fit for you we encourage you to apply!
You are responsible for upholding service standards to ensure a memorable guest experience. The Server Assistant must be capable of working in a team-oriented environment to achieve the restaurant’s common goal of guest satisfaction. The Server Assistant must be personable with guests and be able to anticipate their needs- working with a warm, knowledgeable & noticeably appreciative demeanor.
- Must have 2 years+ experience with private dining style service
- ability to carry drinks and glassware on a serving tray
- Must be able to lift & carry at least 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be comfortable with repetitive motions (such as walking, bending & standing)
- Must be knowledgeable of Industry critics & awards
- Must have full & flexible schedule availability
- Must be able to take constructive criticism and work well in a team dynamic
- Must demonstrate a passion for details and a willingness to learn
- Must maintain a professional attitude that comes through in personal interactions and communications
- Welcoming and greeting guests; maintaining a strong presence on the floor in order to respond promptly to guest questions and requests.
- Be warm, knowledgeable and noticeably appreciative
- Accommodate guests by making each individual feel welcome
- Act professionally and always maintain composure
- Identify and report problems to management immediately
- Be aware of service flow and be able to adjust for each guest’s individual needs
- Implement and follow steps of service
- Delivering food & beverages to guests in a timely manner; ensuring that all dishes are presented and delivered correctly
- Being ready and willing to assist fellow team members to maintain the smooth operation of the event
- Maintaining a safe, sanitary, and organized work environment, including food stations, bars, and service areas
- Know about and defend our product brands
- Know how to clear with trays and carry a tray properly
- Understand the proper standards of clearing/resetting a table
- Be willing and able to perform the sequence of service
- Be knowledgeable of the menu: food spiels, ingredients & allergies
- Be knowledgeable of the beverage program:
- Cocktail list- drinks, basic flavor profiles
- WBTG facts- producer, varietal, region
- Coffee & Tea
compensation is hourly + gratuity. Insurance & PTO benefits available.
Other jobs you might be interested in
New American, European
Upscale Casual, Fine Dining
1 Employee RecommendationSee Details
Part of J2K
In the heart of Manhattan’s Financial District is a beautiful art-deco building at 70 Pine Street. James Kent, from the Nomad and Eleven Madison Park, and partner Jeff Katz, of Del Posto, have teamed up to bring a beautiful 7,000 square foot restaurant to the ground floor of this stunning, landmarked building. Boasting 120 seats, two private dining rooms, and a 16 seat bar, the restaurant will have a state-of-the-art open kitchen that includes a Heston Suite as well as a commissary kitchen to support scheduled expansion to two other concepts in the building opening in 2019. The team includes more than 10 veterans of the industry, all of whom have worked directly with James or Jeff over the past 15 years.
Our menu approach isn’t based around a geographical region or a particular style of cooking, but rather the endless creative pursuit of delicious flavors, beautiful composition, and generosity. We will always strive for gracious, warm, and appreciative service, where attention to detail and anticipating guest's needs are priority number one. At the same time, we’re also here to enjoy ourselves and our work, and hopefully you are too. To us that means we'll likely be rocking Nike kicks while servicing food and throw-back hip-hop bumps in the background.
At the end of the day, we are committed to creating and cultivating restaurants where E V E R Y O N E is eager to return.
General Manager + Partner