STARR RESTAURANTS is seeking hospitality professionals to join Chef Robert Aikens in the stunning Renaissance Revival building that will serve as the North American headquarters of Fotografiska, the Stockholm-born gathering place for lovers of contemporary photography. Opening THIS FALL alongside Fotografiska, STARR will be operating a café, full-service restaurant, lounge and event space.
The menu will draw inspiration from northern France, Austria and Eastern Europe in an eco-conscious manner that prioritizes seasonality and sustainability; inspired by the grand cafes that populated London, Paris and Vienna before the turn of the 20th century.
Great food and a beautiful restaurant are not enough to keep people coming back. We are currently seeking Barista/Cafe Server who possess a genuine passion for food and beverage, grace, and, above all, a focus on providing an unparalleled guest experience are what will keep our restaurant successful.
- 1-3 years previous barista experience in restaurants and/or busy cafes
- Detailed knowledge of all coffee and espresso drinks and their corresponding recipes/techniques
- Strong organizational skills, self motivated and disciplined
- Meticulous and clean with ability to work in busy, high traffic environments
Café Server REQUIRED:
- 1-2 years NYC or metropolitan experience as a cashier or fast casual concept server
- Warm, personable, gracious.
- Detail oriented, neat, self-motivated
- Ability to multi-task various responsibilities of serving, bussing, and cash handling
Highly competitive hourly pay, tremendous career growth opportunities, and after 90 days of employment - NY Transitchek, Health, Vision and Dental Insurance as well as employee dining discounts at 30+ Starr Restaurants in multiple cities.
Ability To Lift 40+ Lbs
Experience in a High Volume Environment
Food Preparation Knowledge