STARR RESTAURANTS is seeking hospitality professionals to join Chef Robert Aikens in the stunning Renaissance Revival building that will serve as the North American headquarters of Fotografiska, the Stockholm-born gathering place for lovers of contemporary photography. Opening THIS FALL alongside Fotografiska, STARR will be operating a café, full-service restaurant, lounge and event space.
The menu will draw inspiration from northern France, Austria and Eastern Europe in an eco-conscious manner that prioritizes seasonality and sustainability; inspired by the grand cafes that populated London, Paris and Vienna before the turn of the 20th century.
Great food and a beautiful restaurant are not enough to keep people coming back. We are currently seeking Barback who possess a genuine passion for food and beverage, grace, and, above all, a focus on providing an unparalleled guest experience are what will keep our restaurant successful.
- 1-3 years previous restaurant barbacking experience in metropolitan restaurants
- Strong organizational skills, self motivated and disciplined
- Able to take instruction and direction and act quickly when required
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds and work in a physically demanding environment
- Experience with preparing garnishes, juices, syrups, tinctures, batch cocktails and other barback preparations.
- Bussing experience
Highly competitive hourly pay, tremendous career growth opportunities, and after 90 days of employment - NY Transitchek, Health, Vision and Dental Insurance as well as employee dining discounts at 30+ Starr Restaurants in multiple cities.
Ability To Lift 40+ Lbs
Craft Cocktail knowledge
Classic Wine Service Knowledge