STARR RESTAURANTS is seeking hospitality professionals to join Chef Robert Aikens in the stunning Renaissance Revival building that will serve as the North American headquarters of Fotografiska, the Stockholm-born gathering place for lovers of contemporary photography. Opening THIS FALL alongside Fotografiska, STARR will be operating a café, full-service restaurant, lounge and event space.
The menu will draw inspiration from northern France, Austria and Eastern Europe in an eco-conscious manner that prioritizes seasonality and sustainability; inspired by the grand cafes that populated London, Paris and Vienna before the turn of the 20th century.
Great food and a beautiful restaurant are not enough to keep people coming back. We are currently seeking Bartenders who possess a genuine passion for food and beverage, grace, and, above all, a focus on providing an unparalleled guest experience are what will keep our restaurant successful.
- 2-4 years bartending experience in 1, 2 and 3-star Metropolitan restaurants
- Knowledge and appreciation for food and the culture of dining.
- Strong knowledge of wine styles, grape varieties and regions
- Comprehensive knowledge of classic cocktails, recipes & all major spirit categories
- Strong knowledge of beers, styles, flavor profiles
- Warm, personable and gracious demeanor, calm under pressure
- Ability to multi-task various responsibilities while maintaining a meticulous work station
- Ability to properly represent the restaurant’s vision and philosophy
- Ability and willingness to stand for the entire duration of a shift, up to 8 hours
- Open Availability
- Background, education, or passion for art, art history and photography
- Serving experience
- International hospitality experience
- Supporter of sustainability and green practices
Highly competitive hourly pay, tremendous career growth opportunities, and after 90 days of employment - NY Transitchek, Health, Vision and Dental Insurance as well as employee dining discounts at 30+ Starr Restaurants in multiple cities.
Ability To Lift 40+ Lbs
Basic Floor Service
Classic Wine Service Expertise
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Craft Cocktail knowledge
Food & Wine Pairings