STARR RESTAURANTS is seeking hospitality professionals to join Chef Robert Aikens in the stunning Renaissance Revival building that will serve as the North American headquarters of Fotografiska, the Stockholm-born gathering place for lovers of contemporary photography. Opening THIS FALL alongside Fotografiska, STARR will be operating a café, full-service restaurant, lounge and event space.
The menu will draw inspiration from northern France, Austria and Eastern Europe in an eco-conscious manner that prioritizes seasonality and sustainability; inspired by the grand cafes that populated London, Paris and Vienna before the turn of the 20th century.
Great food and a beautiful restaurant are not enough to keep people coming back. We are currently seeking Hosts who possess a genuine passion for food and beverage, grace, and, above all, a focus on providing an unparalleled guest experience are what will keep our restaurant successful.
- Confidence, poise and precision
- Sincere sense of hospitality and warm engaging personality
- Genuine nature, able to comfortably engage in natural dialogue with guests
- Ability and willingness to stand for the entire duration of a shift, up to 8 hours
- Exacting attention to the cleanliness of the host area and its surrounding environment
- Eye for detail, natural inclination to clean and organize
- Ability to speak clearly and articulately on the telephone, providing information and answering questions for callers, while focusing on etiquette and conveying a sense of calm
- 1-3 years of experience in a busy restaurant as a host or reservationist
- Background, education, or passion for art, fashion and photography
Highly competitive hourly pay, tremendous career growth opportunities, and after 90 days of employment - NY Transitchek, Health, Vision and Dental Insurance as well as employee dining discounts at 30+ Starr Restaurants in multiple cities.