STARR RESTAURANTS is seeking hospitality professionals to join Chef Robert Aikens in the stunning Renaissance Revival building that will serve as the North American headquarters of Fotografiska, the Stockholm-born gathering place for lovers of contemporary photography. Opening THIS FALL alongside Fotografiska, STARR will be operating a café, full-service restaurant, lounge and event space.
The menu will draw inspiration from northern France, Austria and Eastern Europe in an eco-conscious manner that prioritizes seasonality and sustainability; inspired by the grand cafes that populated London, Paris and Vienna before the turn of the 20th century.
Great food and a beautiful restaurant are not enough to keep people coming back. We are currently seeking Captain who possess a genuine passion for food and beverage, grace, and, above all, a focus on providing an unparalleled guest experience are what will keep our restaurant successful.
- Strong knowledge and appreciation for food and the culture of dining.
- Warm, personable, a calm disposition
- True passion and dedication to the service of others
- Ability to multi-task various floor responsibilities while placing an emphasis on hospitality
- Able to improvise and make impromptu decisions in accordance with the cycle of service and the restaurant’s standards
- Strong leadership skills, communicate clearly and respectfully
- Properly represent the restaurant’s vision and philosophy
- Open Availability
- 2-5 years experience in Metropolitan restaurants
- Strong beverage knowledge including( Understanding of wine styles, grape varietals and regions; spirits and classic cocktails; and beer styles)
- Background, education, or passion for art, art history and photography
- International hospitality experience
- Wine certification
- Supporter of sustainability and green practices
Highly competitive hourly pay, tremendous career growth opportunities, and after 90 days of employment - NY Transitchek, Health, Vision and Dental Insurance as well as employee dining discounts at 30+ Starr Restaurants in multiple cities.
Ability To Lift 40+ Lbs
Craft Cocktail knowledge
Food & Wine Pairings
Classic Food / Wine Service
Classic Wine Service Knowledge