A reputable Restaurant and Bar is looking for a talented prep cook to join our team. We are looking to grow rapidly by opening up multiple restaurants in the region. We are looking for someone who is reliable and dependable with a passion for food and cooking.
- Follow the prep list created by chefs to plan duties
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees, etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Prep Cook
- Culinary degree preferred
- Knife skills
- Flexible schedule is mandatory
- Basic math skills
- Self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability and outgoing
- Pleasant, polite manner and a neat and clean appearance
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
- Excellent communication and team player
Advanced Knife Handling
Dough Making / Portioning
Enforcement Of Safety / Sanitation Standards
Food Safety Knowledge
General knife handling
Other jobs you might be interested in
American, Comfort Food
Casual Dining, Restaurant Group
Part of Highland Hospitality Group
In 2011, the owner purchased a small restaurant and bar in Oreland. We closed the old restaurant for two months and re-opened it as Bernie's Pub. It was a hit from day one. We loved our Oreland family and for nearly four years they loved us right back. But Bernie's Pub, while nice, was small. The kitchen was tiny and seating was limited.
So one day, the owner saw a vacant site on the corner of Highland Avenue and Wharton Road in Glenside. To be totally honest, he passed it twice a day for 3 years before he had the bright idea that the site could be the new home for Bernie's. The site had a lot to offer...located in Glenside, the hometown of the owner; close to Jenkintown and the Old York Road corridor and a few blocks away from the Keswick Theater. So, it had it all!
A phone call to the land owner later that day and year of planning, refining and building later, you have what you see now...Bernie's Restaurant and Bar...a roughly 170-seat restaurant (including the patio seating).