Morimoto NY is seeking qualified and highly experienced hourly Sushi Cooks and Sushi Chefs!
- 3+ years of experience preferred in a notable kitchen / restaurant, with experience working with sushi specifically
- Drive for perfection and a relentless commitment to the highest level of technique and quality of ingredients
- Career-minded, punctual, reliable and desire to learn to move up in the ladder
- Team player, no egos / attitude!
- Sense of urgency during day to day operation
- Strong work ethic, team player
About Morimoto NY:
(via Zagat) "There's a reason he's an Iron Chef" gush admirers of Masaharu Morimoto's West Chelsea namesake, which "breaks the mold" with "unforgettable" Japanese cuisine (including an "elaborate" omakase) set down by "expert" servers in a "fantasy" setting; it's "everything you'd expect it to be" -- not excluding the "high-end" cost.
STARR Restaurants offers heath care after 90 days, employee dining discounts in over 30 of our Starr Restaurants, and abundant growth opportunities!
Advanced Knife Handling
Up to 100 covers a night
Up to 200 covers a night
Other jobs you might be interested in
1 Employee RecommendationSee Details
Part of STARR Restaurants
Morimoto is the New York City interpretation of Executive Chef Masaharu Morimoto’s namesake Philadelphia restaurant. Designed by world renowned architect Tadao Ando, the restaurant’s entrance features the world’s largest Japanese Noren curtain set against a massive façade of austere steel. Inside is an extraordinary open kitchen surrounded by a 24-seat sushi bar where diners can watch Morimoto and his chefs at work. On every level of the restaurant guests enjoy the elaborate menu where East meets West. Glass partitions create a private atmosphere between tables and a wall made of 17,000 spring water bottles add a touch of New York drama to this tranquil atmosphere.