- Follow all procedures and guidelines in the Employee Handbook
- Arrive on time and ready to work at scheduled time
- Complete any administrative task given to you by the MOD
- Answer all phone calls to the restaurant
- Take reservations in a friendly manner
- Work as a team with all staff members, both FOH and BOH
- Practice good communication skills
- Create a welcoming first impression for all guests
- Great the guests with a warm and sincere greeting and a genuine and sincere farewell to every guest
- Encourage guests to dine with us
- Be knowledgeable about all restaurant hours and seating policies and menus
- Create a memorable and positive experience for guests
- Notify the MOD of any unhappy or dissatisfied guest immediately, no matter how minor
- Actively cultivate regular guests, build rapport
- Strive for 100% guest satisfaction
Full or Part time available - potential for lead host
Other jobs you might be interested in
Seafood, Comfort Food
Part of JL Restaurant Group
ABOUT JAMIE LEEDS
Jamie Leeds is one of Washington’s most highly recognized chefs due to her wildly successful restaurant, Hank’s Oyster Bar; her very active role in the community and her 20 plus years of inspiring culinary experience in New York, prior to moving to DC. In May 2005, she opened her first restaurant as executive chef and owner, the 65-seat Hank’s Oyster Bar, which serves “Urban Beach Food”. Hank’s is named after Leeds’ father, who she credits as her inspiration for becoming a chef. Since its’ opening, Hank’s Oyster Bar has been praised by Gourmet, Bon Appetit, Food & Wine, Southern Living, The Washington Post, Washingtonian, DC magazine, The Washington Times and Fox Morning News.
Leeds came to Washington, D.C. when she joined the Washington Terrace Hotel as executive chef in May 2002, where she launched the 70-seat 15 ria. Her American cuisine with a comfort food twist was an immediate hit at the handsome, new boutique hotel where she was also responsible for developing catering menus. Wine Spectator, The Washington Post, Washingtonian and Bon Appetit were among the publications that praised Chef Leeds for her exceptional fare.
Favorable reviews and a successful launch also earned Jamie Leeds a nomination for “Rising Culinary Star” from the Restaurant Association of Metropolitan Washington’s Capital Restaurant & Hospitality Awards in June 2003. Chef Leeds was also named a “Rising Star Chef” by Starchefs.com for Washington, D.C.’s 2003 awards program, which selected only seven chefs throughout the area for the coveted recognition. In 2006, her new restaurant Hank’s Oyster Bar was nominated for a RAMMY for “Best New Restaurant” by the Restaurant Association of Washington and in 2008, Hank’s won the coveted RAMMY for “Best Neighborhood Restaurant”. In 2012, Hank’s Oyster Bar was nominated again by Restaurant Association of Washington for “Best Casual Restaurant”.