ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Develop and direct a beverage program that adds quality, value and enhances the guest experience
- Manage and run all aspects of service including opening and closing procedures of the restaurant
- Provide ample and continuous beverage training, tasting and education to ensure staff's wine, beer, liquor and beverage knowledge is the best in our industry
- Responsible for all beverage related data entry into the Aloha POS system as well as all upkeep and general maintenance.
- Maintain accurate financial reporting and summaries on daily, weekly and monthly sales, along with detailed analysis of trends and key areas of profitability.
- Conduct and record inventory weekly, bi-weekly or monthly as required by the restaurant.
- Creative development of the wine and spirits program, including but not limited to: Spirit selection, specialty cocktails, wines by the glass and the entirety of the wine list, with an emphasis on the harmony of food and wine.
QUALIFICATION STANDARDS INCLUDE:
- Exceptional national and international wine knowledge, including strong familiarity with major Crus, Classified growths and the myriad grape varieties and wine styles of all major growing regions
- At least 3 years of experience as a restaurant operations manager
- At least 2 years running a wine program (responsibilities should include list selection, purchasing, inventory management, staff training, etc.) Advanced organizational and time-management skill-sets
- Preferred Bachelor's Degree or Certification in Hospitality-related field or equivalent expertise gained from time on the job (specifically related to wine & beverage)
- Must have a very strong grasp of inventory management and tight beverage controls
Very competitive compensation package, full benefits, 2 weeks paid vac. 5 personal days, 401k, 40% off all dining at any of our restaurants
Classic Wine Service Expertise
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Craft Cocktail knowledge
Creating A Wine Program From The Ground Up
Understanding Of Viticulture & Winemaking
1 Employee Recommendation
Part of STARR Restaurants
Upland, by celebrated chef Justin Smillie and renowned restaurateur Stephen Starr, is now open in Miami Beach! The second outpost of the popular NYC restaurant brings Smillie’s signature California inspired cuisine to the chic South of Fifth neighborhood in a charming setting designed by Roman and Williams.
Affectionately named for Smillie’s hometown in Southern California, Upland has received critical acclaim since its 2014 opening for Smillie’s culinary prowess and universal appeal. Fans of the restaurant include Pete Wells of the New York Times who urged readers to visit and described Smillie as a “pasta savant” and “vegetable sage.” Upland is Starr’s fifth active project in South Florida following the successes of Steak 954, Makoto, The Continental and Le Zoo.