Home to the "Best Shrimp Po-Boy" from Po-Boy Festival 2010 and a Gold Medal Award for "Best Seafood" at the New Orleans Wine and Food Festival 2011, Red Fish Grill's culinary team is consistently recognized for innovation and excellence. Plus we're a high energy, high volume, highly spirited kind of team. Wallflowers need not apply!
RED FISH GRILL owned and operated by Ralph Brennan
NOW HIRING KITCHEN MANAGER
- Inspect all work areas for cleanliness/sanitation and document discrepancies to be rectified. Develop action plan if needed.
- Establish and maintain par levels and storage requirements for linen, uniforms and floor mats.
- Ensure that all items are stored in accordance with state/local health and fire departments' regulations and according to restaurant requirements.
- Establish cleaning schedule for all tasks to be completed on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, ensuring that all areas are routinely cleaned.
- Establish and review labor costs, chemical usage, breakage and waste.
- Prepare weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts. Adjust schedules throughout the week to meet business fluctuations and ensure approved labor costs.
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food, labor and operating costs without compromising quality.
- Constantly monitor staff performance in all phases of service and job functions, ensuring that all procedures are carried out to departmental standards; rectify any deficiencies with appropriate personnel.
- Maintain knowledge of all menu items including their preparation method/time, major ingredients and quality standards of appearance, texture, serving temperature, portion size, garnish and sauces.
- Monitor and maintain pest control requirements in accordance with restaurant standards.
- Monitor and ensure that utility staff follow safety practices and document unsafe practices.
- Identify dish machine problems by inspecting washed wares; resolve problem situations.
- Communicate with engineering any needed repairs to equipment or physical property. Have contingency plans for equipment that cannot be repaired immediately.
- Anticipate business fluctuations. Call-in extra personnel or reduce staff accordingly and alert other departments to do the same.
- Interview and hire new personnel according to restaurant policies and standards.
- Conduct initial and on-going training for all departmental staff.
- Provide continual feedback and performance analysis for all staff. Handle disciplinary problems, counsel and reward employees according to restaurant standards.
- Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
- Assist in periodic inventories.
- Complete utility staff reviews in a timely manner.
What You Bring to the Table
- High school diploma.
- Minimum 3 years restaurant experience in high volume kitchen.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques; requirements and use of cleaning equipment/machinery.
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling.
- Ability to compute mathematical calculations.
- Ability to provide legible written communication in English.
- Familiarity with food, beverage and labor cost controls.
- ServSafe certified
Discretionary quarterly bonus, 401-k, health, dental and vision insurance, dining discounts throughout RBRG restaurants, parking, gym and more
Seafood, Cajun / Creole
Part of Ralph Brennan Restaurant Group
Fishing for New Orleans’ deFINitive seafood dining? Fish no further than the award winning Bourbon Street eatery Red Fish Grill – a triumph of cuisine, style and design. Casual New Orleans seafood dominates a menu peppered with Big Easy favorites like BBQ Oysters, Hickory Grilled Redfish, Alligator Sausage & Seafood Gumbo and Double Chocolate Bread Pudding. The restaurant’s festive decor features a sea-colored etched floor, hand-painted tables, oversized oyster mirrors, and a sea of metal fish in neon swimming overhead.
Named a Top 10 Seafood Restaurant in the United States - USA Today 2013
Open Table Diners’ Choice Award 2013
#2 Favorite Seafood Restaurant - New Orleans Magazine “Tops of the Town” 2013
“Best Seafood Po-boy” - Po-boy Festival 2011 & 2012
“Best Oyster Po-boy” & “Best Shrimp Po-Boy - Po-boy Festival 2016
Top Seafood Restaurant in the United States - Travel & Leisure 2012
Visitors’ ChoiceBest Seafood Restaurant” - 4 Years in a Row Where New Orleans