Make a meaningful impact as a Line Cook at Maialino!
We are looking for full time candidates.
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Participation in annual bonus plan
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgement- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Ability to demonstrate classic cooking techniques
- At least one year of professional kitchen experience
- Sense of urgency and comfort in a fast-paced environment
- An understanding of Department of Health food safety standards
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Ability to stay positive and calm under pressure
- 1 year full-service restaurant experience as a Line Cook or relevant position
- Culinary and/or Beverage Degree/Certification(s)
- Advanced knife skills and ingredient knowledge
Full USHG Benefits
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Union Square Hospitality Group
Inspired by the rustic cuisine of Rome’s distinct neighborhoods, Maialino is a trattoria reimagined for present day New York City, overlooking Gramercy Park. Chef de Cuisine Matt Spivey’s thoughtful Italian cuisine blends his passion for the Roman food tradition with a commitment to our local family of farmers and purveyors.
The menu draws its inspiration from the classic dishes found thorughout Rome and features fresh seasonal ingredients from the Greenmarket and local farms. The restaurant is open continuously throughout the day, serving breakfast, lunch, weekend brunch, dinner, and late night, as well as to-go coffee.
Designed by Rockwell Group, Maialino is divided into four spaces: Bar Maialino (the front area) is walk-in only, the Trattoria dining room (reservations accepted), the Wine Counter which hosts intimate wine events and impromptu tastings, & the Private Dining Room which accommodates special events (seating up to 26 people). Opened in 2009, Maialino is part of Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group.
We offer medical, dental, vision, 401K, flex pay, life insurance, employee dining program and paid vacation. USHG provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.