Looking for a challenge in your career? Steadfast Restaurant is growing and looking for Line Cooks who enjoy being around people and working in an environment with a supportive staff working in a fast-paced kitchen, are organized, clean and efficient. Steadfast is shooting for a Michelin Star, attention to detail with fine dining standards are required for both the front and back of house. Steadfast is great place to start a career in fine dining.
A Line Cook will be responsible for following the directions of the chef and sous chef, adhering to recipes, walkthroughs and prep lists.
- Culinary degree or 2 years Fine Dining experience REQUIRED
- Have a well-cared for knife kit and intermediate knife skills REQUIRED
- Are serious about learning new techniques and improving your skills
- Must be able to work in a station on the line while maintaining strict sanitation standards
- Communicate ordering and prep needs to those who manage outside of the shift
- Maintain walk-in and cooler organization
- Close down the restaurant every night to the standards of the chef and deep clean on a weekly basis
We are a place to learn and master foundational techniques, including charcuterie, butchering, preservation, fermentation and bread making.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor
- Complying with health and food safety standards, restocking items, cleaning
- Ability to stand/walk a minimum of 8 hours or as needed
- Must be able to exert well-paced and frequent mobility for periods of up to 8 hours or as needed
- Be able to lift up to 20 pounds frequently
- Will frequently reach, feel, bend, stoop, carry, finely manipulate and key in data
- Work in both warm and cool environments
- High levels of noise from music, customer and employee traffic
- Must be able to tolerate potential allergens: peanut products, egg, dairy, gluten, soy, seafood and shellfish
Qualifications, Education and Behavior
- At least 18 years old
- Have a minimum of 2 year kitchen experience
- Ability to work quickly while maintaining safety standards and procedures
- Ability to properly handle a knife, confidently
- Active social media presence
- Ability to work early morning hours or late night hours
- Ability to work consistent schedule at least 3 days per week.
About the Fifty/50 Restaurant Group:
Formed in 2008, The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group is an independent company made up of hardworking, talented restaurant professionals. We have 15 restaurants with more on the way. We offer subsidized health insurance, dental insurance, 401k, employee discounts, paid paternal leave, and plenty of other benefits and perks to qualified employees.
We appreciate talent and reward hard work. To learn more about our concepts, visit www.thefifty50group.com
Advanced Knife Handling
Food Handlers Certificate
General knife handling
Other jobs you might be interested in
New American, American, Farm To Table
Part of The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group
Steadfast is a chef-driven, upscale restaurant project from the Fifty/50 Restaurant Group located in the heart of the booming financial district at 120 West Monroe. Steadfast will be located in one of Chicago's treasured historic landmarks which is being redeveloped into the Gray Hotel.
Hyper-Seasonal cuisine is offered with Old and New World influences, along with in-house charcuterie and a bread and pastry program. Paired alongside a progressive cocktail priogram from beverage director Benjamin Schiller and a Sommelier driven wine program helmed by Benjamin Meyer the GM and their team of up and coming Sommeliers.
Steadfast will be built around a culture Engaging Hospitality, Excellent Service and a Warm Atmosphere.