COTOGNA, is looking for a skilled, career- minded individual in search of an Events management position. Located in San Francisco’s historic Jackson Square neighborhood, Cotogna is a casual, lively venue that celebrates rustic Italian cuisine and offers a daily changing menu featuring rustic, regional Italian pastas, pizzas, and hearty roasted meats created with seasonal produce from the restaurant’s own Farm in West Marin County. The Private Dining and Events Manager directs the Cotogna Chef’s Table programming and coordinates all efforts related to group dining and exclusive use of the facilities. This position will work directly with the culinary team and senior management to help increase Chef’s Table and Buyout revenue, market the program and improve overall guest satisfaction. We are seeking candidates who are passionate about hospitality, design and product.
Cotogna, is a Values-Driven operation that is committed to creating rewarding experiences for our employees with growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll enjoy the following benefits:
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance coverage
- Retirement savings offering 401 K matching employer contributions
- Commuter tax deferred benefits
- Employee discount at our QPA family of restaurants – Quince, Cotogna, Verjus
- Complimentary participation in our community sponsored agriculture (CSA) program with Fresh Run Farm
- Relais & Chateaux discount at participating hotels and restaurants
- Sponsorship of continuing education classes and professional training opportunities in food and beverage
- Paid family meals provided
Key Responsibilities include:
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills are necessary to successfully interact with an established clientele on a daily basis.
- A genuine and intuitive sense of hospitality with a hands on commitment to warm, thoughtful and caring service.
- Candidate must be confident to lead high energy, volume-driven services.
- Fluency in Micros, Triple Seat, Open Table and Excel software preferred.
- Experience in events management in a restaurant setting
- Food and beverage knowledge with a solid understanding of Italian and California wines, spirits and regional Italian cuisine.
Compensation commensurate with experience. The position has growth potential and the ability to explore a number of career opportunities.
Full benefits, 401K
Event Management / Organization
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Chef Michael Tusk
Cotogna is a celebration of rustic Italian cuisine and offers a daily-changing menu of spit-roasted or grilled meats and fish, wood-oven pizzas and house-made pastas.
Located in San Francisco's historic Jackson Square, Cotogna ('quince' in Italian) is a casual, lively venue and a compliment to the adjoining Quince Restaurant, Chef Michael Tusk’s celebrated fine dining establishment.