SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Verjus General Manager & Verjus Wine Manager assist in sales and stocking of the Verjus retail outlet. The Retail Sales Associate will be expected to drive toward sales goals, maintain a clean , organized and stocked retail environment as well as routinely assist in the service of all Verjus guests. We are looking for a detail orientated and professional individual with a strong knowledge of natural wine and old world wines from classic regions and producers.
RESPONSIBILITY AND SPAN OF AUTHORITY:
- Be the main point of contact for all off-premise retail sales conducted in the Cave
- Apply both a sales and hospitality mind set in your approach to Verjus’ clientele
- Drive towards monthly sales goals
- Maintain a working knowledge of on hand Verjus product to provide informed salesmanship and appropriate inventory depletion
- Promote Verjus wine club, cave events and all Verjus marketing initiatives
- Refer any potential private cellar services clientele to the Wine Manager and QPA Beverage Director
- Ascertain customer information and update customer data base accordingly
- Maintain fulfillment lists and distribute to Wine Manager
- Maintain a high standard of hospitality-centric customer service in keeping with QPA’s mission. statement and the groups restaurant operations.
- Accurately describe and recommend wine to all potential customers.
- Ensure the prompt and accurate service of retail store patrons.
- Ensure the aesthetic standards of the retail environment are maintained on a day to day basis.
- Routinely assist in food and beverage service of on-premise patrons.
WINE PROGRAMMING & PRMOTIONS
Under the direction of the Wine Manager assist in execution of all retail promotions and sales initiatives:
- Oversee retail / promotional events in the Cave such as producer and distributor tastings
- Awareness of annual calendar of holidays and associated special promotions to effectively boost sales
- Maintain strong relationships with frequent customers to encourage repeat business.
- Assist with the requisition and fulfillment of the monthly wine club ensuring pickups are accurately recorde
- Assist with the monthly wine inventory
- Apply appropriate promotional discounts
- Drive toward budgeted sales goals
- Ensure all spoilage, returns and variances are reported to the Wine Manager
Follow opening retail checklist to ensure that the retail operation is opened in a timely and organized fashion in compliance with the opening check list.
- Stocking and display
- Checking in and storing of new deliveries
- Stickering and labelling of retail product
- Distribution of sales and marketing collateral
- Reflected in the QPA mission statement, model the Core Values while continually striving to infuse their meaning, relevance and impact into all aspects of your role.
- Represent QPA professionally through your personal appearance, communication, and respect for others and follow through. Strive to exceed the standards of cleanliness.
- Demonstrate ownership of job responsibilities though focus, determination, and attention to detail with the goal of elevating the guest experience in every interaction.
- Act with integrity, honesty and knowledge, working towards achieving personal fulfillment rather than public attention.
- Demonstrate an attitude of teamwork by working collaboratively with peers to identify positive solutions to problems or issues. Be open and receptive to changing needs and priorities.
- Display trust in your actions, having confidence in knowing that we are all looking out for each other’s best interest.
- Strive to elevate your personal performance and maintaining the standards of quality.
- Take responsibility for maintaining a clean, neat, and orderly work environment. Use equipment, supplies, and other materials with a focused effort to reduce waste and increase safely.
- Welcome suggestions and new ideas as an opportunity to learn, grow and improve services.
- Anticipate and respond to guest needs in a respectful and timely manner.
- Strive to establish a benefit for our guests, each other, the restaurant and the overall industry into the future.
Compensation will include daily inclusion in the tip pool.
Basic Floor Service
Understanding Of Viticulture & Winemaking
Wine Sales Proficiency
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Chef Michael Tusk
Verjus is an exciting new concept from Michael and Lindsay Tusk owners of Quince and Cotogna Restaurant.
Due to open in Fall 2018, Verjus is a Cave á Manger; an unfamiliar concept in the landscape of the American food and beverage industry but one that has been popularized over the last 30 years throughout Parisian dining scene. The Cave á Manger merges both the traditional Bar á Vin and the cave or wine merchants. Born out of archaic Parisian licensing laws that forbade wine retailers to open and serve bottles of wine in their own stores without offering food to patrons these wine bars / shops now offer some of the most exciting drinking and dining experiences in Paris.
The Cave á Manger typically marries simply prepared high quality ingredients with wines sourced from a diverse array of wine regions with an emphasis on lesser encountered appellations, responsibly farmed terroir and vignerons on the vanguard of natural wine making.