Click your avatar to access saved jobs and applications
Food and drink is the focal point of any social gathering and CDA is a community meeting place that encourages making new friends and connecting with old. Our food, beer, wine, and cocktails are inspired by the bounty and diversity that the Mediterranean has to offer. We work with local farmers, growers, and purveyors to help showcase products that are true to the region and are in the peak of their seasonality. Our chefs create a unique dining experience with familiar classic small plates that are delivered in fun and creative ways, all focused around the concept of sharing. We encourage you to sip a drink. Share as much food as you can. Hang out. And feel welcome.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Food & Beverage Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Participate in pre-shift briefings and monthly meetings to ensure open lines of communication.
• Support all recycling and green initiatives.
• Maintain a safe, clean & spotless hotel.
• Knowledgeable on all wines & cocktails offered
• Provide service within Fairmont and Hotel Standards
• Foster a welcoming culture through guest interactions
• Beverage requisitioning
• Bar set up and tear down
• Prep of garnishes and mixes and cocktails per FAME standards as required
• Cash Handling
• Provide responsible service of alcohol
• Merchandises the bar with attractive display
• Handles all guest enquiries within department
• Review daily reports, arrival, VIP, group following up on action items
• Aware of all business within hotel on a daily basis and able to guide guests accordingly
• Provide warm, sincere and engaging service that ensures Guests feel valued
• Treat each and every Guest as a unique individual
• Anticipate Guests’ needs with thoughtful and personal touches
• Resolve Guest problems and never say “no” without offering an alternative
• Be an ambassador for the Brand, Hotel, Community and Colleagues
• Be guided by Sofitel core values; respect, integrity, teamwork and empowerment
• Maintain a professional appearance
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: • Previous bartending and serving experience preferred• Excellent knowledge of all beverage products• Previous point of sale system experience an asset• Excellent communication and organizational skills • Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities• Highly responsible & reliable• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment• Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to): • Constant standing and walking throughout shift• Frequent lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs• Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting• Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps