Roots Handmade Pizza is opening in Second City and looking for friendly and caring Dispatchers who enjoy being around people and working in a team-oriented setting. Roots Handmade Pizza is a fun, fast-paced environment with great food, craft beer, and a cool, neighborhood atmosphere. It’s a fun place to work and a great place to start a career too.
Dispatchers will be in charge of his or her station, packaging the products, organizing the pick-up and delivery orders, answering phones, placing orders and routing drivers. Multi-tasking and quick movements are a must with this position.
- Answer phone calls
- Place carry out orders over the phone, in person or using tablet ordering system
- Answer quest questions about directions, food, allergies, and reservations
- Accept guest payment, process credit card charges and make change (if applicable)
- Assist the restocking and replenishment of inventory and supplies
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas including counters, floors, shelves and storage areas
- Make recommendations and answer questions regarding food, beverages, directions, delivery zone
- Checking and packing all carryout orders
- Organizing multiple orders at a time according to their promise times and proximity to each other
- Assign and guide Drivers for fulfillment of all promise times
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor
- Complying with health and food safety standards, restocking items, and cleaning
- Operating the cash register, answering the phone, providing great customer service, and following Fifty/50 Restaurant Group policies & procedures
- Ability to stand/walk a minimum of 8 hours or as needed
- Must be able to exert well-paced and frequent mobility for periods of up to 8 hours or as needed
- Be able to lift up to 20 pounds frequently
- Will frequently reach, feel, bend, stoop, carry, finely manipulate and key in data
- Work in both warm and cool environments
- High levels of noise from music, customer and employee traffic
- Must be able to tolerate potential allergens: peanut products, egg, dairy, gluten, soy, seafood and shellfish
Qualifications, Education and Behavior
- Ability to work quickly while maintaining safety standards and procedures
- Active social media presence
- Ability to work Holidays and weekends
- Ability to work a consistent schedule of at least 4 days per week
- At least 18 years old.
- Have a minimum of 6 months telephone/restaurant experience
About the Fifty/50 Restaurant Group:
Formed in 2008, The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group is an independent company made up of hardworking, talented restaurant professionals. We have 15 restaurants with more on the way. We offer subsidized health insurance, dental insurance, 401k, employee discounts, paid paternal leave, and plenty of other benefits and perks to qualified employees.
We appreciate talent and reward hard work. To learn more about our concepts, visit www.thefifty50group.com
Food Safety Knowledge
Other jobs you might be interested in
American, Pizza, Salads / Sandwiches / Soups, Breakfast / Brunch
Bar / Lounge, Casual Dining
Part of The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group
Roots is a relaxed pizzeria & bar featuring thin, malted crust pies & an all-Midwestern beer list. Roots is the second concept from the Fifty/50 Restaurant Group and there are currently two locations.