Brennan’s seeks an efficient, experienced, focused and passionate Lead Line Cook. The lead line cook is responsible for working all the stations in the kitchen. Brennan’s is one of the most celebrated restaurants in the United States - Brennan’s was named one of the top 200 restaurants in the world.
You know what it means to work hard, earn your stripes and you enjoy doing it. You’re a team player that takes pride in serving food with integrity. You exercise both a successful work ethic and agility in a fast paced kitchen.
Ideal Candidates should:
- Have at least 4 years of related experience and a culinary degree
- General knife handling, food safety & sanitation knowledge
- High volume restaurant experience
- Exceptional attention to detail
- High profile restaurant experience a plus!
- Have passion for food, exceptional work ethic and dedication
- An enthusiasm to learn and grow with us!
- Be able work well under pressure
- Constantly strive to better oneself
- Maintain positive attitude
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Have ability to work all the stations in the kitchen.
- Be able to read and follow recipes
- Train employees
About the Job
As a Tournant, you will execute contemporary, seasonal Creole cuisine with enthusiasm, precision and detail. You will be responsible to work and oversee all stations in the kitchen and will jump in when needed. While crafting our staple and seasonal menu items with precision, you will also work alongside our chefs on a number of different formats and events. As our menu grows and evolves, so will your knife and cooking techniques. Tasked with mastering all stations, you will also be accountable for cleanliness, food and equipment safety knowledge that meet our Brennan’s company standards.
What's in it for you?
- Hourly rate starts at $14/hr with potential to increase to $16/hr
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Free Gym Membership
- RBRG Employee Dining Program
- Excellent opportunities for career growth
Cajun / Creole
Part of Ralph Brennan Restaurant Group
The original Brennan's, opened in 1946, recently emerged from an extensive renovation that spared no effort or expense by new co-owners Terry White and Ralph Brennan. Eight glamorous dining rooms, each steeped in New Orleans architecture and ambiance, celebrate the opulence of dining in a city where breakfast revelry is taken as seriously as a decadent dinner.
Brennan's menus are rooted in Creole traditions and are bolstered with contemporary New Orleans influences. Marrying classic and modern techniques yields a decidedly innovative approach and enhances our local, seasonal offerings.
Brennan's old-world elegance, fanciful decor and pampering service create a unique and sophisticated backdrop for a most memorable meal. Welcome!