A Sous Chef at Brennan's will work closely with Executive Chef and the Executive Sous Chef to maintain the highest quality and standards in the daily operations of Brennan's.
Candidates should expect to:
- Embody hospitality and be a leader in the kitchen and dining room.
- Be driven towards consistency and service excellence
- Manage Line cooks, Prep cooks, Pastry and all hourly team members
- Ensuring that all pars are met in the kitchen and oversees execution of the menus in the Dining room throughout breakfast, lunch and dinner service daily.
- Be energetic, enthusiastic and possess strong communication and organizational skills.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary work environment for all employees.
- Assume the responsibility of the Executive chef in his absence.
Three time James Beard Best Chef South Finalist, Chef Slade Rushing's menus are rooted in Creole tradition and bolstered with contemporary New Orleans influences. Marrying classic and modern techniques yields a decidedly innovative approach and enhances our local, seasonal offerings.
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Free Parking
- Discretionary bonus
- Free Gym Membership
- RBRG Employee Dining Program
- Excellent opportunities for career growth
Qualified candidates will have:
- 1-2 years of experience as a Sous Chef in a well-rated restaurant
- Prior experience training and mentoring a hourly line cook team
- Excellent meat/fish butchery skills
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to lead-by-example
- A minimum of an associate’s degree from a culinary focused university preferred
If you are a chef who has inspired their team and provided unique dining experiences through their interpretation of Creole cuisine – We want to talk to you!
Competitive salary, insurance, free parking, dining discount, free gym, parking, discretionary bonus, 401-K, and more
Other jobs you might be interested in
Cajun / Creole
Part of Ralph Brennan Restaurant Group
The original Brennan's, opened in 1946, recently emerged from an extensive renovation that spared no effort or expense by new co-owners Terry White and Ralph Brennan. Eight glamorous dining rooms, each steeped in New Orleans architecture and ambiance, celebrate the opulence of dining in a city where breakfast revelry is taken as seriously as a decadent dinner.
Brennan's menus are rooted in Creole traditions and are bolstered with contemporary New Orleans influences. Marrying classic and modern techniques yields a decidedly innovative approach and enhances our local, seasonal offerings.
Brennan's old-world elegance, fanciful decor and pampering service create a unique and sophisticated backdrop for a most memorable meal. Welcome!