One Star Michelin Bar Crenn is seeking an experienced and passionate Sous Chef to join our team. If you are passionate about classic French cuisine and respecting the tradition and technique of our industry, this is the place for you.
Dominique Crenn, the chef/owner of San Francisco restaurants Petit Crenn, Bar Crenn, and three Michelin starred Atelier Crenn, focuses on cuisine as a craft and the community as an inspiration. Crenn was awarded World’s Best Female Chef in 2016 by San Pellegrino’s 50 Best, Best Chef: West in May of 2018 by the James Beard Foundation, and four stars from SF Chronicle in June 2018.
We are looking for a candidate with at least 3 years experience in a Michelin- starred or fine dining restaurant. The desire to learn and grow within a structured brigade is ideal for the correct individual. One must possess a commitment to excellence, a positive attitude, and an ability to work clean and efficiently. Reliability, punctuality, organization, and great communication skills are imperative for the correct candidate.
- Oversee kitchen operations and run service while adhering to and maintaining the highest quality of food.
- Effectively execute the goals for the kitchen and the overall vision of the restaurant, as pertained by Chef Crenn.
- Manage a small team.
- Must ensure the kitchen is compliant with the regulatory requirements for food handling, sanitation and cleanliness at all times, and all HACCP company requirements.
- Demonstrate an attitude of teamwork by working collaboratively with peers to identify positive solutions to problems or issues, as well as being open and receptive to changing needs and priorities.
- Strive to elevate your personal performance and maintaining the standards of quality, while leading by example.
- Represent the Crenn Dining Group professionally through communication and respect for others.
- Track day-to-day BOH financials, input invoices, daily and monthly inventory.
- Keen interest in seasonality and locally sourced produce, work closely with BBF and chosen purveyors, ensuring a good relationship.
- Align with, and maintain our company values regarding zero waste and sustainability initiatives.
- Enabling private events to the best of your ability, highlighting the best of Bar Crenn’s cuisine and impeccable service.
Benefits and Perks:
- Health Insurance with optional Dental and Vision after 60 Days.
- Paid Time Off starting on Day 1 of employment.
- All major holidays off.
- No working: lunch, brunch, Sundays or Mondays.
- Dining discounts at all three of our restaurants.
- 401K availability.
- Scholarships awarded semi-annually.
- Educational allowance.
- Wine tastings, field trips, farm trips.
Please send us your resume along with a cover letter about why you think you’d be a fantastic fit at Bar Crenn. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.
Bar Crenn is an equal opportunity employer. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Competitive wages. Health insurance. PTO accumulation beginning Day 1. Commuter benefits. 401K available. Health & Fitness discount. Employee discount at our restaurants. Semi-annual scholarships rewarded.