- Continue to build a great culture and working environment for our employees by maintaining an energetic team that is passionate for food, wine and great service.
- Oversight of training and developing your team to provide the highest quality service to guests.
- Display a mentality of leading by example with excellent leadership qualities, a polished floor presence, professional demeanor and appearance.
- Promote positive public and employee relations at all times, adhering to best practices as listed in our Handbook, and compliance with Federal and State regulations.
- Must insure the compliance of all safety, health and beverage regulations in order to minimize all legal liability.
- Instill and maintain integrity of service, touch tables while on floor to solicit feedback and to proactively address any potential negative experiences.
- Always positively represent the OTTO brand to employees and guests.
- Be the liaison between the FOH and the BOH insuring a seamless shift.
- Close the restaurant responsibly at night at the end of service.
- Assisting with staff hiring, training, scheduling and management.
- Understand and execute all operations procedures with thoroughness and complete attention to detail.
- Management of POS including complete utilization and understanding of its functions.
- Follow proper onboarding procedures for all new hires.
- Assist with progressive discipline procedures.
- Assist with Payroll, Schedules, and other administrative duties.
- Italian wine knowlege is a plus!
- Ability to stand for 10-12 hour shifts, walk up and down flights of stairs, and lift up to 25lbs.
- Available to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Health, Dental and Vision Benefits, 401k Match program, PTO
Other jobs you might be interested in
1 Employee RecommendationSee Details
Part of RSC Management Services
Modeled after an Italian train station, Joe Bastianich's OTTO is located on 8th Street, in the historic One Fifth Avenue building. Serving classic Italian pizzas and pastas, a large selection of house-cured meats, Italian and local cheeses, Artisanal Gelato, and boasting a 750+ all-Italian wine list, OTTO has become a destination for New York diners as well as a neighborhood hot spot.