Resident is an early-stage company that hosts communal dinners in private spaces with a rotating chef residency. Resident event menus are multi-course with beverage pairing, and attract everyone from artists to entrepreneurs, Chefs, tourists, and New Yorkers of all walks of life. You can read more about us in The New York Times, Grubstreet, or Food & Wine.
The Housekeeping Associate provides constant maintenance and ensures good working conditions of multiple event venues. Reports to the Director of Operations.
- Maintains general cleanliness throughout the venue including mopping, sweeping and vacuuming
- Washes and properly stores all dishes, trays, glassware, utensils, cups and small equipment for the department during the dinners
- Stocks shelves, racks and service stations with restaurant supplies: polishes glassware and silverware
- Removes trash, recycling and compost from receptacles throughout the venue and brings to appropriate receptacle; cleans, sanitizes and replaces liners in receptacles
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
Commitment: Housekeeping Associate will work anywhere from one to ten events per month.
Hours: Hours vary by location. A typical shift is four-hours, from 7 pm. to 11 pm.
Pay: $18 per hour
Event locations: Events are currently being held at multiple locations in Brooklyn and Manhattan.
The Housekeeping Associate that will excel with Resident will have the following qualifications:
- At least one year of experience dishwashing in the food service industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail while maintaining efficiency
- Strong work ethic
What we offer you:
- Competitive industry pay
- Flexible hours! We offer short shifts, and you design your own schedule.
- Work in a positive work environment with low pressure
Physical Elements of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout the shift
- Frequent carrying and lifting up to 40 lbs
- Occasional, kneeling, pulling, pushing
Visa Requirements: Must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Resident is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your resume if you’re interested in a position.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Private / Social Club
Resident is an early-stage company that hosts communal dinners in private spaces with a rotating chef residency.
Resident event menus are multi-course with beverage pairing, and attract everyone from artists to entrepreneurs, Chefs, tourists, and New Yorkers of all walks of life. Resident event venues may vary dramatically from a townhouse, a residential building still under construction, to a Resident Chef's own home!
Our culinary residency gives up-and-coming chefs the resources and runway for culinary experimentation. We want chefs and event staff to have more than creative freedom - we strive to provide superior compensation and flexibility as well.