The Restaurant Manager position for ENO Wine Bar and Michael Jordan’s Steak House plays an integral role in providing polished, personalized service to our ENO, MJSH and InterContinental guests. The general responsibilities include a focus in ENO, with assistance in MJSH: floor supervision, guest interaction, managing and training staff, leading business initiatives, and various admin/operational tasks & projects. Ensure compliance with standards of service and operating procedures.
- Supervise day-to-day activities of ENO Wine Room and the MJSH Restaurant’s Dining Room following IHG set standards. Plan and organize work. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new menus (focus on wine), and local food and beverage marketing programs, and participate in and maintain system-wide food and beverage marketing programs.
- Train and onboard new hires to allow a great start and lead continued development and training for current staff to make sure staff is able to effectively carry out their job functions
- Guides staff performance through effective use of informal and formal feedback, recognition, coaching & counseling meetings, disciplinary action, annual evaluations, etc.
- Performs various operational/admin functions such as: conducting pre-shifts and line checks, processing server checkouts, preparing staff schedules, conducting inventory, placing orders, POS usage, reporting & maintenance, etc.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Sales and Marketing, Catering, Banquets, Housekeeping, Engineering and Front Office.
- Work closely with Executive Chef to identify pertinent concepts and menu design for the outlet(s). Conduct meetings to inform staff of special promotions, daily specials, and additional information.
- Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival. Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Establish and implement appropriate service recovery guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Monitor performance of the restaurant through analysis of guest feedback and financial results.
- Achieve budgeted revenues, control expenses and labor costs, and maximize profitability within all areas of the food and beverage outlet(s). Assist in preparation of the annual operating budget which supports the overall objectives of the food and beverage outlet(s).
- Maintain procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of restaurant inventory, and equipment, (2) ensure the security of monies, credit and financial transactions, (3) replenish supplies, inventory, uniforms, etc. in a timely and efficient manner, and (4) to minimize waste and control costs. Participate in taking inventories.
- Additional tasks as assigned.
1-2 years restaurant management experience in a full service outlet or similar setting. Wine knowledge and education is highly preferred.
Whether you're into sports, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU.
At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Do you see yourself as a ENO & MJSH Restaurant Manager? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Full benefits package, 401k, competitive PTO plan, Hotel benefits, transportation discounts
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Other jobs you might be interested in
French, Steakhouse, American, New American
Part of Cornerstone Restaurant Group
With locations in Chicago, New York and Connecticut, the Michael Jordan Steak House brand embodies the quality and distinction its name suggests. With warm, friendly service, critically acclaimed fare and stunning décor, the contemporary steak house is not satisfied with good; similar to its namesake, it has a penchant for perfection, striving for the best. Simply put, it's excellence served daily.