The Order Taker answers day-to-day guest telephone requests for breakfast, lunch, dinner and overnight orders and will assist In Room Dining department in daily operations.
• Provide excellent service at all time to all of our guests.
• Possess extensive knowledge of food and beverage in order to assist guests with suggestions and up sell.
• Be responsible for taking accurate F&B guests orders over the phone.
• Demonstrate a pleasant telephone etiquette when taking orders and quoting the right timings for delivery.
• Check accuracy of order input to ensure it is complete before sending to kitchen.
• Keep the office organized and daily paperwork filed and updated.
• Have a minimum of 2 years experience in similar position in a luxury property
• Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
• Willing to work a flexible schedule including overnight and holidays.
• Must have great telephone skills.
• Have the ability to handle guest requests in a detailed manner.
• Must be able to work in a high pace and dynamic operation.
Part of Restaurants by Jean-Georges
Jean-Georges opened in 1997 to critical acclaim. The jewel of Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten’s empire, the restaurant offers the very best in fine dining. Consistently awarded four stars by the New York Times and three Michelin stars, Jean-Georges presents exquisitely crafted dishes blending French, American, and Asian influences. The local farmer’s market is the driving force behind the seasonal, ever-changing menu. Chef Jean-Georges is a master at maintaining the essence of ingredients while using them inventively to produce the best flavor. Jean-Georges’ chic and intimate dining room was redesigned by Thomas Juul-Hansen, with striking lighting by L’Observatoire. Impeccable service, tableside preparations, and floor-to-ceiling windows with stunning views of Central Park and Columbus Circle all contribute to an unforgettable dining experience.
Follow the career path of General Manager, Alex Wolf: http://culinaryagents.com/career/timeline/alex-wolf