- At least 3 years of upper level management experience in a fast-paced restaurant setting.
- Wine knowledge and beverage program oversight.
- Maintaining current wine program
- Managing the floor, including touching tables, running food, overseeing staff, and monitoring the door.
- Overseeing the training and education of the staff on the finer points of service, including an overall beverage appreciation and training to boost our staff's product knowledge, steps of service, table side presence, proper wine service, and overall mise en place.
- Opening and closing the restaurant, including preparing and reconciling closing banks, conducting inspired pre-shifts with your team, writing daily recaps, and doing final restaurant walk through.
- Managing all employees, including assisting in training, coaching, supporting, and disciplining.
- Leading management meetings.
- Managing R&M for restaurant through approved contractors as needed.
- Controlling all COGS, labor, and comps to budgets as set by ownership
- Execution of monthly inventory.
- Writing schedule for Front of House staff while taking into account team member’s strengths and weaknesses, last year’s business levels, special events, and budgeted labor.
- Experience with Toast or similar POS programs.
- Experience with Resy or similar reservation system
- Experienced in Microsoft Office programs.
- Extensive food and beverage knowledge.
- Willing to work extended hours and late nights/Early mornings.
PTO/Health benefits after 90 days
Ability To Lift 40+ Lbs
Basic Floor Service
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Craft Cocktail knowledge
Other jobs you might be interested in
Daisies is a Midwestern vegetable inspired, pasta focused restaurant located in the Logan Square neighborhood of Chicago.
Daisies utilizes a family farm, providing seasonal ingredients as well as inspiration for not only the kitchen, but for use in the cocktail program as well.
Open Wednesday-Sunday for dinner with brunch Sunday mornings. We offer more than competitive pay and full benefits for all full time employees.
-Proud recipients of Jean Banchet Best Neighborhood restaurant 2018
-One of Chicago Magazines best new restaurants 2018
-Timeout magazine Top Ten Best new Restaurants 2017
-Michelin Bib Gourmand Recipient 2019