COTOGNA, is looking for a skilled, career- minded individual in search of a Captain position. Located in San Francisco’s historic Jackson Square neighborhood, Cotogna is a casual, lively venue that celebrates rustic Italian cuisine and offers a daily changing menu featuring rustic, regional Italian pastas, pizzas, and hearty roasted meats created with seasonal produce from the restaurant’s own Farm in West Marin County.
As a captain, you are part of a hospitality team committed to providing a caring and thoughtful guest experience. At Cotogna, this is achieved thru a mastery of technical service skills, peer collaboration, informative approach to the menu and product, and an inherent welcoming and professional demeanor.
Cotogna, is a Values-Driven operation that is committed to creating rewarding experiences for our employees with growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll enjoy the following benefits:
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance coverage
- Retirement savings offering 401 K matching employer contributions
- Commuter tax deferred benefits
- Employee discount at our QPA family of restaurants – Quince, Cotogna, Verjus
- Complimentary participation in our community sponsored agriculture (CSA) program with Fresh Run Farm
- Relais & Chateaux discount at participating hotels and restaurants
- Sponsorship of continuing education classes and professional training opportunities in food and beverage
- Paid family meals provided
- Must have 3 years of previous service experience in a chef-driven restaurant. Previous fine-dining and high volume restaurant experience is ideal but not required.
- Knowledge of regional Italian cuisine and Italian wine varietals and wine growing regions
Compensation commensurate with experience. The position has growth potential and the ability to explore a number of career opportunities.
Interested applicants please submit your resume to [email protected]
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Classic Food / Wine Service
Food / Beverage Pairing
Food Safety Knowledge
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Chef Michael Tusk
Cotogna is a celebration of rustic Italian cuisine and offers a daily-changing menu of spit-roasted or grilled meats and fish, wood-oven pizzas and house-made pastas.
Located in San Francisco's historic Jackson Square, Cotogna ('quince' in Italian) is a casual, lively venue and a compliment to the adjoining Quince Restaurant, Chef Michael Tusk’s celebrated fine dining establishment.