Matter House, which includes estela, Café Altro Paradiso and Flora Bar, is seeking a Project Coordinator to join our team. We are a highly motivated and growing group seeking a self-starting individual committed to excellence and the future of our success. The ideal candidate is a strong written and verbal communicator, highly organized, and able to meet deadlines while juggling multiple projects. The primary functions of this position are to propel and coordinate internal projects and to serve as a liaison between external entities and our group. The Project Coordinator reports to the Chef/Owner and Director of Operations.
The Project Coordinator provides direct logistical support to Chef/Owner Ignacio Mattos and works closely with the executive team including the Chef/Owner, Director of Operations, Chief Financial Officer and Culinary Director to facilitate communications and coordinate special projects.
Primary responsibilities include:
Projects & Coordination
- Coordinate timelines, responsibilities and other logistics of any assigned projects
- Support Events Director and restaurant teams in planning off-site, promotional or collaborative events
- Maintain Matter House team agendas, minutes and project management platforms
- Provide logistical and communications support to Chef/Owner
Branding & Marketing
- Maintain awareness of continuity of brand on all internal and external platforms
- Coordinate visual development of branding with Owner and restaurant teams
- Support teams tracking and meeting business development timelines and goals
- Lead correspondence between the company’s external PR team and internal restaurant teams.
- Facilitate execution of PR action items including gathering and creating content
- Highly organized with great attention to detail
- Experience with multitasking and prioritizing several tasks
- Proactive approach to managing yourself and your team
- Exemplary communication skills
- Hospitality industry-savvy
Matter-house is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, creed, marital status, transgender status partnership status, familial status, national origin/ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, mental or physical disability or medical condition, handicap, military status, veteran’s status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, employment status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Health Insurance, Vision & Dental options available, Competitive PTO
Part of Matter House
Estela is a restaurant in downtown Manhattan from chef Ignacio Mattos. Set one floor above Houston Street, it is a bistro at heart, taking familiar ideas like tartare, ricotta dumplings, burrata on toast, fried rice, and steak, and presenting them in new, satisfying ways. The bar is open late, and you can come in for just a glass and a small bite, should you feel like it. Now in its 5th year, Estela has earned numerous accolades, including a place on the World’s 50 Best Restaurants List and two stars from bothNew York Magazineand the New York Times.