We are looking for a talented Executive Chef to join our team! We are looking for someone who is reliable and dependable with a passion for food and cooking.
- Plans menus for all food outlets in the restaurant
- Schedules and coordinates the work of chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labor cost goals
- Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
- Establishes controls to minimize food supply waste and theft
- Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercise portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices
- Prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labor and other costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
- Attends food and beverage staff and management meetings
- Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability
- Evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained
- Perform other duties as directed
- Check and order inventory
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the kitchen
- Culinary degree preferred
- Flexible schedule is mandatory
- Prior experience in a fast paced environment
- General mathematical skills
- Self-discipline, team player, initiative, leadership ability and outgoing
- Pleasant, polite manner and a neat and clean appearance
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
- Excellent communication and team leadership
- Varies based on location and demand
Food Cost Optimization
Food Safety Knowledge
On-site Special Events
Ordering / Purchasing
Other jobs you might be interested in
American, Comfort Food
Casual Dining, Restaurant Group
Part of Highland Hospitality Group
In 2011, the owner purchased a small restaurant and bar in Oreland. We closed the old restaurant for two months and re-opened it as Bernie's Pub. It was a hit from day one. We loved our Oreland family and for nearly four years they loved us right back. But Bernie's Pub, while nice, was small. The kitchen was tiny and seating was limited.
So one day, the owner saw a vacant site on the corner of Highland Avenue and Wharton Road in Glenside. To be totally honest, he passed it twice a day for 3 years before he had the bright idea that the site could be the new home for Bernie's. The site had a lot to offer...located in Glenside, the hometown of the owner; close to Jenkintown and the Old York Road corridor and a few blocks away from the Keswick Theater. So, it had it all!
A phone call to the land owner later that day and year of planning, refining and building later, you have what you see now...Bernie's Restaurant and Bar...a roughly 170-seat restaurant (including the patio seating).