Chef Christopher Kostow of The Restaurant at Meadowood has created The Charter Oak as a gathering place for members of our community to celebrate occasions big and small. We are currently looking for an experienced, professional host to complete our team.
An ideal candidate is...
- Comfortable interacting with guests and members of our community
- Able to multi-task and function well under pressure
- Proficient in the use of reservations software and/or quick to learn and utilize these programs
- Understanding of the basic functions of a high volume, upscale casual restaurant
- A team-oriented individual, willing to contribute to the success of everyone within the organization
- Eager and proactive about learning and understanding our product – food, beverage, restaurant wares, design, etc.
Some position responsibilities include...
- Welcome guests and escort them to the appropriate table
- Create, adjust and cancel reservations via Resy
- Monitor the progress of tables as it relates to seating incoming reservations
- Manage guests’ expectations regarding wait time for tables, seating etc.
- Answer phones, take phone reservations, answer questions and transcribe and deliver messages
- Genuinely thank guests upon departure
- Health Insurance, 401K/Retirement plan, employee discounts, gym membership discount program
- Work in a dynamic, upscale, community oriented casual restaurant
- Expand your detailed knowledge of food & beverage
- Opportunities for career growth within an organization of passionate hospitality professionals
To join our team, apply to this post or email [email protected] with your resume and a brief explanation of why you might be an excellent fit. A member of our team will be in touch promptly.
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Experience in a High Volume Environment
Food Safety Knowledge
OpenTable or other
New American, Californian
Part of Chef Christopher Kostow
A restaurant by Chef Christopher Kostow of The Restaurant at Meadowood.
Our aim is for The Charter Oak to be as elemental a restaurant as possible- we will try to walk the line between simplicity and elegance; being deliberate in how we shop, cook, serve, and design the components of the space. We have long functioned in the rarified realm of a more expensive and authored restaurant. The ceremony, traditions, and artifice that is fitting within the setting of The Restaurant at Meadowood is being stripped away in our newest endeavor.
We are, in short, learning to walk again.