Little Beet Table
LBT is a lively and convivial place to gather with friends and eat approachable, delicious and nourishing food and drinks. We believe in making wholesome food that is accessible and crave-able and we truly care for guests with food allergies, diets and intolerances (we are 100% gluten free). LBT is part of Aurify Brands, a high-growth national hospitality group based in NYC with some of the most admired and valued brands in the industry.
The Sous Chef effectively and efficiently manages the kitchen within the policies and guidelines of the company to ensure guest satisfaction, profit maximization and development of high performing kitchen staff. This position reports to the Chef De Cuisine. Sous Chefs will have the overall responsibility for directing the daily operations of the kitchen, ensuring compliance with company standards in all areas of operation, including product preparation, customer relations, restaurant maintenance and repair, inventory management, team management, recruiting and retention of kitchen staff, financial accountability, ensuring that the highest quality products and services are delivered to each customer and other duties as required or assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Master of Kitchen Prep, procedures, portioning, and timing
- Working stations during shifts when required on the schedule
- Working the necessary hours accustomed in the kitchen
- Ensures food quality at all times
- Ensures accuracy of all recipes and kitchen training tools
- Control inventories of food, paper products, beverages, and equipment while reporting shortages to applicable members of management
- Ensure accuracy of all food, beverage and paper orders
- Ensure accuracy of all inventories
- Food, beverage, and paper cost management
- Recruit and interview new kitchen staff
- Kitchen Scheduling
- Work alongside the time on the line as necessary
- Maintains fast, accurate service, positive guest relations, and ensuring products are consistent with company quality standards
- Ensures Occupational Safety & Health Act, local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policy are met
- Maintain city department of health standards and having all the necessary documentation to work in a food-service establishment
- Assists profit & loss, by following cash control/security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing labor
- Manage Food and Labor Costs, keeping them to the level specified by management.
- Conducts performance appraisals, takes disciplinary action, motivates and trains
- Ensures maintenance of equipment, facility, and grounds through the use of a preventative maintenance program
- Ensures a safe working and customer experience environment by facilitating safe work behaviors of the team
- Other duties as assigned by Chef De Cuisine and/or General Manager
- 2-4 years of cooking experience in a full-service kitchen environment is required with responsibility for restaurant/store profit and loss
- Experience in providing customer service and a desire to grow in the food industry is strongly preferred
- You must have a very hands on management style and be actively involved in all daily functions of the store.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Growth potential and the chance to be part of growing dynamic restaurant group.
- Competitive compensation with vacation and benefits package.
- 70% discount at our quick service concepts, 25% at LBT
- commuter benefits through Alice
- good work/life balance for the hospitality industry
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Staff Meals
- Discretionary quarterly bonus built in the benefits as well