Cosme, known for it's Mexican-inspired cuisine, and owned by World-renowned Chef Enrique Olvera and Chef Daniela Soto-Innes is seeking an experienced Assistant General Manager who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a passion for all things food and beverage. This position is two-fold, with 1) leadership in the Front of the House and 2) Assisting the Beverage Director with the oversight of our Beverage Program
Responsibilities include but not limited to :
- Work collaboratively with the General Manager / Chef de Cuisine/ Beverage Director to lead and develop an exceptional team
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support staff, to ensure they are successful in their position, and perform in accordance with company standards.
- Drive sales and revenue utilizing superior floor management skills by coaching and motivating staff, and assist with guest service to ensure excellent standards of service are met
- Monitor cost control, property condition, cleanliness, quality of product, and service.
- Act as a liaison between the front and back of house wherein a positive work environment can prosper
- Understand business plans, annual budgets, financial reports and annual and monthly forecasts that explain operational effectiveness, trends and variances.
- Ensure safety practices and procedures are followed and proper emergency and security procedures are maintained.
- Monitor guest feedback and communicate findings to staff and train on best practices accordingly.
- Work closely with and support the efforts of Private Dining Room sales
AGM will assist the Beverage Director in the following areas:
- Bar staff Management: Assist with scheduling, service standards, product excellence
- Coordinate monthly beverage trainings for FOH and Bar
- Training of seasonal cocktail menus
- Assist with creating training outline and documents for new hires
- Ensure bar standards and systems and adhered to , and provide recommendations to improve overall efficiencies when necessary
Experience and Qualifications:
*2 years management experience in high volume fine dining restaurant
*Strong computer and mathematical skills
*Knowledge about driving sales and meeting financial goals
*Ability to demonstrate leadership skills; and inspire and motivate a team
*Genuine love of hospitality
*Must have open availability including evenings and weekends.
What we offer:
• Competitive Pay
• Comprehensive Benefits Package (Vision, Dental, & Medical)
• Commuter Discounts
• Discretionary Bonuses
Experience in a Fine Dining Establishment
Experience in a High Volume Environment
Staff Management of 75
Staff education / motivation
Staffing / scheduling
Other jobs you might be interested in
As world-renowned Chef Enrique Olvera’s first American foray, Cosme, in the Flatiron District, serves contemporary dishes inspired by Mexican cuisine that artfully adapt to using local ingredients.
The menu is designed for shared plates of botanas, and the relaxed atmosphere encourages guests to order spontaneously and let conversations linger. In addition to the main dining room, Cosme also encompasses a bar room, as well as a private dining room for up to 12 guests.
Named after a market in Mexico City where Olvera’s grandfather took him as a child, Cosme evokes a strong sense of place. The restaurant embraces its “New Yorkness” by offering dishes created with a Mexican framework and soul but adapted with local and seasonal ingredients.
Cosme provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.