This job is located in Greenwich, CT : 376 Greenwich Avenue, Greenwich, CT
If you live in the NYC area, you MUST be willing to commute for this job!
We are steps away from Greenwich Station (Metro-North Railroad)
50 minutes from Grand Central Terminal!
Once you get off Merto-North, it's about a 3-4 minute walk to our location!
The Little Beet Table
The Little Beet Table is an intimate 84-seat farm to table restaurant focusing on bright, fresh flavors and an exciting cocktail program featuring all natural ingredients.
Job Title – General Manager
The General Manager will lead the operation of our restaurants. The General Manager has the overall responsibility for directing the daily operations of a restaurant, ensuring compliance with company standards in all areas of operation, including product preparation and delivery, customer relations, restaurant maintenance and repair, inventory management, team management, financial accountability, ensuring that the highest quality products and services are delivered to each customer and other duties as required or assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages both the front and back of house
- Effectively manages the restaurant, including administration of policies and guidelines of the company, ensuring 100% customer satisfaction at all times
- Maintains fast, accurate service, positive guest relations, and ensuring products are consistent with company quality standards
- Ensures Occupational Safety & Health Act, local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policy are met
- Must maintain an “A” health inspection rating at all times.
- Controls day-to-day operations by scheduling labor, ordering food and supplies, and developing the restaurant team
- Controls profit & loss, by following cash control/security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing labor, reviewing financial reports, and taking appropriate actions.
- Manages Food and Labor Costs, keeping them to the level specified by management.
- Conducts performance appraisals, takes disciplinary action, motivates and trains
- Ensures maintenance of equipment, facility, and grounds through the use of a preventative maintenance program
- Ensures food quality at all times
- Ensures a safe working and customer experience environment by facilitating safe work behaviors of the team
Qualifications - Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience: Successful Candidates/Employees of this position must have a High School Diploma or GED. A college or university degree is preferred. In addition, 2-4 years of supervisory experience in a full-service restaurant environment is required with responsibility for restaurant/store profit and loss. Experience in providing customer service and a desire to grow in the food industry is strongly preferred. You must have a very hands on management style and be actively involved in all daily functions of the store
- Certifications: Servsae Food Handling Certificate
- Language Ability: Good communication and interpersonal skills are required. The successful candidate/employee will use communication skills to build an exceptional team, supervise others, give detailed instructions and training, and resolve conflicts. The ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences, and memos is necessary. The position also requires the ability to write simple correspondences and the ability to effectively present information one-on-one, in small group situations and to other employees of the organization as well as customers. It also requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business memos, including financial data. This position requires that you are able to proficiently speak, read, and write the English language.
- Math Ability: The position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. It also requires basic business math and accounting skills.
- Reasoning Ability: The position requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations and people. Strong analytical and decision-making skills are needed.
- Computer Skills: Basic personal computer literacy is required, with proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, and other appropriate software. Must be able to operate cash register.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises restaurant staff. Requires strong skills and experience in management, delegation, training, creating a positive work environment, and taking disciplinary action, as needed.
- Physical Demands: The position’s physical demands require work in a restaurant/kitchen environment with moderate to loud noise levels, varying temperature conditions and possible direct exposure to hazardous substances, such as hot oil. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, travel and react quickly to deadlines, sometimes with little notice. The employee is often required to stand for long periods; walk, bend, kneel, and reach with hands to retrieve boxes or food containers typically weighing 50 pounds or less, without restrictions. May be required to use stepladder. Finger dexterity is required for use of cash register. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to travel as needed.
- Hospitality: Actively look for ways to help customers, provide as much information as requested. Infer possible customer needs, as it may be their first experience at the restaurant. Knowledge of, quality standards of service, store policies regarding customer interaction, assessment of customer needs and customer satisfaction are all necessary.
- Active Listening: Give full attention to what customers are saying, be able to listen to and process the customers’ order without losing track.
- Social Perceptiveness: Be aware of customers’ reactions, both verbal and nonverbal, and understand why they are reacting this way. Understand the boundaries of appropriateness.
- Integrity: Must be honest and possess an immense code of ethics.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Growth potential and the chance to be part of growing dynamic restaurant group.
- Competitive compensation with vacation and benefits package.
- 70% discount at our quick service concepts, 25% at LBT
- commuter benefits through Alice
- good work/life balance for the hospitality industry
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Staff Meals
Food Safety Knowledge
Profit And Loss
Recruiting / hiring
Staff Education / Motivation