Become a member of the patio season team at the award-winning Ace Hotel Chicago (2018 Conde Nast Traveler Magazine "Hot List"), and its critically acclaimed food & beverage outlets; City Mouse & Waydown. City Mouse restaurant is helmed by Chef-Partner Jason Vincent (Food & Wine "Best New Chef;" James Beard Award nominee), and Executive Chef Matt Danko (James Beard Award nominee). Since opening in summer 2017, City Mouse has earned rave reviews from the Chicago Tribune and New York Times, and was named to Chicago Magazine's 2018 "Best New Restaurants" list.
The General Manager is responsible for the management of all aspects of the day to day operation of City Mouse outlet, Room Service and MiniBar Operations in Ace Hotel. This position directs, implements and maintains a service and management philosophy which serves as a guide to respective staff. Works closely with the Director of Food & Beverage to monitor the effectiveness of the services and products offered in the outlets and adjust accordingly to ensure maximum profitability of the outlets. Responsible for providing lateral service to other Food and Beverage operations and outlets as needed.
CORE FOCUS & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Qualified candidates must be able to satisfactorily complete the following responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assign work and side duties to staff in accordance with departmental procedures. Communicate additions or changes to the assignments as they arise throughout the shift.
- Conduct pre-shift meeting with staff and review all information pertinent to the day’s business.
- Prepare weekly schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts and adjust schedules throughout the week to meet the business demands.
- Compare daily labor costs against forecasted costs to ensure labor cost percentages is met.
- Track revenues against budget. Review daily sales and resolve discrepancies with Accounting.
- Maintain consistent knowledge of house account and arrivals.
- Ensure that staff report to work as scheduled.
- Monitor the preparation of station assignments, ensuring compliance to departmental standards.
- Inspect, plan and ensure that all materials and equipment are in complete readiness for service.
- Inspect all aspects of the restaurant environment ensuring compliance with standards of cleanliness and order. Rectify all deficiencies.
- Ensure all employees are fully trained in their job functions.
- Inspect grooming and attire of staff and rectify any deficiencies.
- Establish par levels for supplies and equipment. Complete requisitions to replenish.
- Ensure that specified amounts of menus and wine lists are available and in good condition for each meal period.
- Anticipate guests needs and promote positive guest relations through name recognition at all times.
- Monitor and handle all guest complaints.
- Ensure that all staff closing duties are complete before staff sign out.
- Update Future POS menu changes.
- Complete work orders for maintenance repairs and submit to Engineering. Contact engineering for urgent repairs.
- Conduct monthly inventories of beer, liquor and wine.
- Prepare and submit daily payroll costs and bi-weekly payroll.
- Maintain complete knowledge and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
In addition to the core focus & responsibilities, the candidate is expected to complete the following duties:
- Expedite on the floor and in the kitchen as business demands.
- Provide feedback to staff on their performance. Handle disciplinary problems and council employees according to hotel policy
- Attend hotel operational meetings as requested.
- Recruit and hire outlet personnel
- Create and execute programing initiatives
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in verbal and written English with guests, management, and co-workers to their understanding.
- Prioritize and organize work assignments, have timely follow up and execution.
- Have superb time management skills.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all hotel services/features and hours of operation.
- Other language, mathematical, and reasoning abilities.
- Ability to comply with physical demands.
- Knowledge and understanding of Atelier & Ace Culture & initiatives
- Technologically sound with Google applications.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Must meet required minimum age to serve alcohol.
- Must be able to maintain a flexible work schedule.
- Knowledge of safety initiatives in compliance with OSHA guidelines.
Free Health Insurance, 3 weeks Paid Time Off, 401(k) with Company Match & more
Event Management / Organization
Experience in a High Volume Environment
Food Safety Knowledge
Hospitality / Management Degree
OpenTable or other