Boka Restaurant Group, the company behind some of Chicago's top restaurants, is currently accepting resumes for Assistant General Managers.
Boka Restaurant Group was founded by Rob Katz and Kevin Boehm in 2003 and has become one of the premier chef-driven restaurant groups in the country. Anchored by partnerships with some of America's greatest chefs--Stephanie Izard, Giuseppe Tentori, Chris Pandel, Lee Wolen, and Jimmy Papadopoulos--BRG has over 16 entities (and more forthcoming!) each of them crafted individually and conceptually unique.
General Description: As the Assistant General Manager at Boka Restaurant Group, you will report directly to the General Manager. You will be responsible for leading day-to-day operations in the absence of the General Manager and to provide support in all facets of running the restaurant including but not limited to managing on the floor, opening and closing the restaurant, and supervising employees.
Schedule: 5 days a week. Schedule will vary.
Specific Tasks: As the Assistant General Manager at Boka Restaurant Group, you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the education of the staff on the finer points of service, including an overall beverage appreciation and training to boost our staff's product knowledge, steps of service, table side presence, proper wine service, and overall mise en place.
- Managing the floor, including touching tables, running food, overseeing staff, and monitoring the door.
- Opening and closing the restaurant, including preparing and reconciling closing banks, conducting pre-shifts with your team, writing daily recaps, and doing final restaurant walk through.
- Managing all employees, including assisting in training, coaching, supporting, and disciplining.
- Participating in management meetings.
- Managing R&M for restaurant through approved contractors as needed.
- Assisting GM in controlling COGS, labor, and comps to budgets as set by GM.
- Assisting in execution of monthly inventory.
- Writing schedule for Front of House staff while taking into account team member’s strengths and weaknesses, last year’s business levels, special events, and budgeted labor.
If you feel you meet the above requirements, are a team player, experienced, passionate, and dedicated to your craft, we want to hear from you!
Please respond with a copy of your resume AND a cover letter detailing why you'd be a great addition to our team!
Competitive salary and dining incentive, vacation and benefits package
Basic Floor Service
Experience in a High Volume Environment
OpenTable or other
Staffing / scheduling
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Boka Restaurant Group
Boka Restaurant Group was founded by Rob Katz and Kevin Boehm in 2003 and has become one of the premier chef-driven restaurant groups in the country. Anchored by partnerships with six of America's greatest chefs—Stephanie Izard, Giuseppe Tentori, Chris Pandel, Lee Wolen, Jimmy Papadopoulos, and Mark Hellyar—BRG has 13 entities, each of them crafted individually and conceptually unique.