• Oversee the daily floor operations to ensure service is done proficiently per L’Atelier steps of service and standards.
• Ensure that staffing attendance is matching the operations needs and that any changes in scheduling have been reviewed and approved by management team.
• Ensure that all Front of House employees are trained to meet the standards of service.
• Interact with guest frequently to ensure satisfaction of their dining experience, and to build relationships to develop return clientele.
• Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations including, but not limited to, order taking, wine service, and general duties.
• Comprehensive knowledge of all menu items.
• Comprehensive knowledge of grape varietals, wine styles, spirits, and cocktails.
• Resolve guest complaints and report to General Manager and Executive Chef. Log all guest data appropriately.
• Assist with inventory control and labor management to operate the restaurant efficiently and cost effectively.
• Maintain reservation system, updating guest notes and feedback where necessary.
• Communicate daily with the Maître D and host team, providing current information on large and private parties, expected VIP’s and special requests.
• Communicate daily with the culinary team, providing current information on large parties or expected VIP’s.
• Responsible for the duties of opening and closing shifts where applicable.
• Prepare and deliver daily pre-service meeting.
• Reconcile all employee time clock inputs to scheduled labor at end of each business day. Follow procedure to make proper adjustment in the Point of Sale system if necessary.
• Minimum two years’ hospitality management experience preferred. Previous fine dining hospitality experience preferred
• Must be able to speak, read, write in clear English.
• Experience in service training, staff scheduling, and leadership best practices.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with managing inventory and cost control is preferred
• Knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices is preferred
• Must be able to use relevant computer applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook; restaurant specific software including point-of-sale registers and business metric applications)
• Can reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift items up to 30 pounds.
• Can work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10 hours).
Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits, Paid Time Off, Group Restaurant Discounts, Commuter Benefits
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of INVEST HOSPITALITY
CHEF JOËL ROBUCHON
Legendary French Chef Joël Robuchon holds 32 Michelin stars—more than any chef in the world—and operates fine dining restaurants across the globe. He has been awarded the Meilleur Ouvrier de France (France's Best Craftsman) in cuisine; was titled "Chef of the Century" by the guide Gault Millau; and has mentored a generation of renowned chefs including Eric Ripert and Gordon Ramsay.
ABOUT L’ATELIER DE JOËL ROBUCHON NEW YORK
L’ATELIER de Joël Robuchon New York is the latest incarnation of legendary Chef Joël Robuchon’s groundbreaking concept, which first opened in Paris’ Saint-Germain neighborhood in 2003, followed by Tokyo the same year. Currently with 12 distinct locations around the world, each restaurant feels of-its-place, staying true to the original Parisian roots, while drawing inspiration from the surrounding city and neighborhood. L’ATELIER’s name refers to a craftsman’s workshop, emphasizing Chef Joël Robuchon’s hallmark of elevating the simplest of dishes into something extraordinary using pristine ingredients, immaculate technique, and abundant creativity. The restaurant’s signature counter seating faces directly into the open kitchen, allowing for a dynamic interaction between chef and diner, and view into the creative process.
ABOUT LE GRILL
LE GRILL de Joël Robuchon is an elegant yet approachable restaurant located in the front of L’ATELIER. The space includes an expansive bar, which serves as the focal point of the room, as well as table seating for 56. Guests can walk-in and enjoy a cocktail, or stay for a full meal from LE GRILL’s à la carte dinner menu, which is unique and independent of the menu at L’ATELIER de Joël Robuchon. LE GRILL utilizes the same exceptional quality of ingredients as L’ATELIER, offered in simpler preparations of sharing plates, salads, and composed dishes.
Executive Chef Christophe Bellanca, a longtime veteran of L’ATELIER de Joël Robuchon, oversees the all-star kitchen team, including Executive Pastry Chef Salvatore Martone, who has worked with Chef Joël Robuchon since 2005, and most recently served as the Pastry Chef at L’ATELIER de Joël Robuchon in Las Vegas; and, Head Baker Tetsuya Yamaguchi, who has worked with Chef Joël Robuchon for 20 years at his restaurants around the world. Together, they work to uphold the high standards that have earned a total of 32 Michelin stars worldwide, and execute the vision of Chef Joël Robuchon.
INVEST HOSPITALITY is a responsible boutique investment firm specializing in the acquisition, growth and development of hospitality brands and assets.