We are steps away from Greenwich Station (Metro-North Railroad)
50 minutes from Grand Central Terminal!
Once you get off Merto-North, it's about a 3-4 minute walk to our location!
The Little Beet Table is an intimate 84-seat farm to table restaurant focusing on bright, fresh flavors and an exciting cocktail program featuring all natural ingredients.
Job Title – Prep Cook
As a Prep Cook at The Little Beet, you will be responsible for ensuring that all of our food is high quality and delicious. This position requires someone who likes to cook, smile, and serve awesome food.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure all ingredients are prepped for meal to be prepared
• Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock
• Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperatures
• Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices
• Operates equipment in an efficient and safe manner
• Ensures company standards on equipment, facility, and grounds are maintained
• Works as a team member to support other restaurant employees in their duties
• Complete other general cleaning duties, including washing dishes as needed
• Ensures food quality at all times
• Work alongside porter to facilitate receiving and maintenance of incoming deliveries
• Other duties as assigned by Chef and/or Sous Chef
- Positivity- “Have fun”, “make it happen” attitude
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than in expected.
- Integrity- Being reliable. Doing the right things always, using sound judgment.
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done. Being relentless about the details.
Skills & Requirements:
- At least 3 years of related experience required in a moderate to high volume full service restaurants
- Strong knowledge of all back of the house operations including inventory, food safety and sanitation and industry softwares
- Able to take constructive criticism, learn quickly and constantly improve.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with colleagues
- Strong knowledge of all back of the house operations including foods/stations, staff supervision, inventory, and food safety / sanitation, including industry software (e.g. Restaurant365, Excel)
- Proven experience in building high-performing teams
- Problem solver
- Willing to work extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays
Benefits and Compensation:
- Growth potential and the chance to be part of growing dynamic restaurant group.
- Competitive compensation with vacation and benefits package.
- 70% discount at our quick service concepts, 25% at LBT
- commuter benefits through Alice
- good work/life balance for the hospitality industry
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Staff Meals