Position Title: Quince Lead Sommelier
Under the direct oversight of the QuinceGeneral Manager and the QPA Beverage Director, you will assist in the direction and coordination of the wine operations of the Company. You will uphold the highest standards of service by developing, maintaining and establishing new Quince protocols and practices. Department implementation of all company policies & procedures as outlined in the QPA Employee Handbook.
Financial and Administrative
Under the direction of the QPA Director of Finance and Quince General Manager you will oversee the counting and administration of the physical wine inventory on the First day of every month and submit the EOM inventory, reconcile the Binwise TVA report, corked wine reconciliation, consignment sales, and transfers to accounting and respective GM no later the 3rd of each month. This process includes but is not limited to the following;
- Administer all transfers and corked wines within the month of purchase
- Oversee the purchase of all wine related product for Quince in line to monthly purchasing budgets.
- Participation in weekly wine financial meetings with GM and QPA Beverage Director to review beverage performance, including but not limited to;
- Revenue goals
- Monthly trending COG’s- Provide costed out wine and pmix analaysis
- Binwise variance reports
- Comp auditing and approval
- Binwise product mix/Micros product mix- comparsion and analysis
- Any AP/AR issues
- Reporting on purchasing and inventory levels and status
- Weekly inventorying of corked wines
- Micros Management- Continually update Micros database for accuracy by adding new wines, removing 86’d wines and create new numbers as needed for all Cotogna beverage selections
- Binwise Management- Update wine and spirits list to reflect correct inventories. Enter purchases into Binwise for both wine and liquor.
- Management and security of company property and Cotogna’s physical assets in the wine cellar and in the liquor storage area
- Overseeing of Tasting Calendar. Approval of all tasting appointments with QPA wine team members under the outlines provided by restaurant General Manager.
Service and Operations
Train and provide direction to QPA sommeliers in service to the guests of Quince and support the captains/servers during daily and nightly service
Provide wine suggestions and pair wines with menus items- create and maintain a legend
Supervising the updates and production of wine lists, service documents, and tasting menus daily
Represent the wine department at daily line ups
Educate FOH staff on new wines, 86’d items, and one count list
Assist and provide assistance to private dining clientele
Direct the physical inventory of the cellar; racking and restocking wines, processing and approvals of deliveries
Education and Development
Create the Wine Education calendar for Quince and lead wine classes
Maintain professional relationships with purveyors and wine industry professionals
Organize field trips- Wine and Spirits focused
Continuing Education and Professional Development
Maintain professional education and continued wine studies
Participation in outside trade tastings and other educational seminars
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Performance Based Sales Incentives
Other jobs you might be interested in
Californian, New American
Part of Chef Michael Tusk
Situated in San Francisco's historic Jackson Square, Lindsay and Chef Michael Tusk's celebrated Quince features Californian contemporary cuisine. Quince serves a nightly-changing tasting menu highlighting the restaurant's unique partnership with Fresh Run Farm.