The restaurant group behind Suraya and Pizzeria Beddia is expanding! Our newest restaurant Condesa is opening this September.
We will be exploring the vast regional cuisines of Mexico with an emphasis on great sourcing and modern technique.
As a line cook you will have the opportunity to:
- Cook with open fire on our coal ovens and grills
- Learn the process of nixtamalizing and grinding heirloom corn into masa
- Work with the best available products of all seasons
- Recreate authentic Mexican ingredients from scratch (pulling quesillo by hand, mixing salsas in a molcajete, grinding masa with volcanic stones, and of course molés)
- Be part of a positive work environment with tons of upward mobility (we are a growing company that loves to promote from within)
Experience is preferred but we are willing to train people with a great work ethic and a positive attitude.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Restaurant Group, Upscale Casual, Cafe
Part of Defined Hospitality Group
The team that brought you R&D, Pizzeria Beddia and Suyraya are excited to bring you their next passion project, Condesa. Inspired by their trip to Mexico City and beyond Chef Nick Kennedy, Greg Root and Al Lucas are opening a full service restaurant (Condesa), Mexican inspired coffee bar (El Cafe) and an exciting all season rooftop taqueria/bar (El Techo) in the heart of Center City Philadelphia. The food will be inspired by all seven regions of Mexico as well as the beverage program which is being designed by Aaron Deary of R&D and Suraya fame.
Please come take this journey with us.
The Team of Defined Hospitaity