You’ll be based out of The Hoxton, Downtown LA and report to the Pastry Chef. As a Pastry cook, you will be preparing all pastry menu items during service.
We’re not really a strict job description kind of place – we all roll our sleeves up and get stuck in wherever needed – but here's an idea of how we see the role...
- Responsible for preparing all pastry items including vennoisserie, cakes, confections, and plated desserts.
- You will follow the recipes and portion control guidelines set by the pastry chef.
- Responsible for setting up stations with appropriate par levels for the shift and restocking items.
- Organize, sanitize, and clean the kitchen, as well as the storage areas and coolers.
- Possess basic baking and pastry skills.
- Understand how to use a variety of food service equipment, including knives, pots and pans, ovens and grills, food processors and slicers in a safe environment.
- Possess knowledge of and follow sanitary food handling procedures.
- Remain calm and work well under pressure.
- Proper Knife techniques and equipment instructions.
- Hotel and departmental operational standards and procedures.
- Ensure that all areas of responsibility are maintained to the high standards.
- To work in a safe manner at all times, ensuring personal safety and safety of others, ensuring all items raised which may cause harm to guests or other employees are addressed immediately.
- To ensure that your appearance meets the Hotel standard at all times and that uniforms are maintained in good repair.
- To help where required within the business as a whole.
- Ensure that all important information is passed to every department and colleagues to assure an efficient work and guest service.
What’s in it for you…
- To play a role in opening the first chapters in the Hoxton’s North American story.
- We’re in it together – work and collaborate with a diverse group of individuals to make sure the overall operation is running smoothly.
- The opportunity to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- The chance to join a growing company at an exciting time in the business, with a significant opportunity for development.
- Competitive pay, benefits, 401K & flexible PTO
- You execute. You get things done.
- You are passionate and curious about food and drink, knowing what’s hot, what’s not and who’s who
- You are humble. There are no egos, and no drama.
- You have an eye for detail
- You’re a team player
- Keen to take ownership of and pride in your work, a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude to seeing work through and delivering results
- You have the ability to learn quickly and adapt to new environments
- You have at least 1 year pastry cooking experience in a similar role
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to handle a multitude of tasks simultaneously under pressure
- Food handlers license is a plus
Benefits, Flexible PTO + 401K
Other jobs you might be interested in
This business has posted this job position privately. If you apply, the business may choose to follow up with additional information.